Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2019, 11:16 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default KOA / Allstate RV Tow Insurance....your advice?

In doing my annual “try not to get soaked for RV tow insurance” research, I’ve come across what seems to be a good deal from KOA.

They’re advertising “unlimited” towing plus other roadside services for new members for only $79 the first year.

BUUUUUTTTTT....in the fine print the ad says that free towing is “at no cost back to the service provider we send or to any destination you choose up to your benefit limit.”

But hey, there’s nowhere in the ad where they describe what this limit of “any destination you choose up to your benefit limit,” means???

How can they advertise “unlimited towing” but then immediately turn around and limit it to some kind of a “benefit limit” which they don’t explain anywhere ???

I called their service number and talked to a call center person who also could not explain this.

So, my inquiry to you guys is....do any of you have experience with Allstate and if so, how did things work out for you?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, as I really don’t want to pony up the seemingly ever increasing fees required for a Good Sam policy this year !
GBail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Allstate is the provider that services Good Sam contracts. They also sell direct. You will be getting the same call center, although the terms and costs may vary somewhat. They are OK. Far better than AAA.

But, just go with Coach Net. They are the class act.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:07 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Allstate is the provider that services Good Sam contracts. They also sell direct. You will be getting the same call center, although the terms and costs may vary somewhat. They are OK. Far better than AAA.

But, just go with Coach Net. They are the class act.
I've had Allstate RV coverage for 15 years. I like them because you can negotiate the premium. I get annual invoices for around $120 but each year at renewal time I contact them and they obligingly cut the premium in half.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roadside assistance, rv towing, tow insurance