Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2018, 01:14 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfsohn View Post
there's even a 2011 210 for sale in texas that has a 4.8. Of course, it's a 2010 chassis...

I keep seeing the price on it and opening it up for a closer look every 3 or 4 days.. then i see it's a 4.8..
See Grins has a 2016. From the photos it looks pristine. I'm guessing that there is plenty of room for negotiating a better price plus having them pay for your flight out. But the nasty problem with CA is that the coach has to be delivered to you out of the state to avoid CA sales tax. It's incredible how stupid CA is for not realizing how that policy inhibits purchases by out of state customers.

https://www.seegrinsrv.com/inv/2016-...lar-210-5377A/
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:56 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
See Grins has a 2016. From the photos it looks pristine. I'm guessing that there is plenty of room for negotiating a better price plus having them pay for your flight out. But the nasty problem with CA is that the coach has to be delivered to you out of the state to avoid CA sales tax. It's incredible how stupid CA is for not realizing how that policy inhibits purchases by out of state customers.

https://www.seegrinsrv.com/inv/2016-...lar-210-5377A/
I hadn't seen that one because i set my filter to not show me anything that was listed over 80k...
So, i'd say thanks, but i won't...

I'm still kicking myself a little bit.. there was a 2015 210P w/ 23k in mission city about 2 - 3 weeks ago that was around 78k. real clean unit.. I was talking w/ the dealer, but it sold before i decided to buy it... i was going back and forth over the drive home...

I'm thinking that as the weather cools off up north, that the inventory of roadtreks on the market will increase as people won't want to hold them over the winter with storage, winterizing, etc..

I hope i hope i hope..
bwolfsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:21 AM   #23
BBQ
Platinum Member

4.8?

Are you should it is not a typo?
Old 09-03-2018, 05:30 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

4.8?

Are you should it is not a typo?
Yes, I was wondering too. While 4.8L is correct engine size for the base Chevy Express, I thought the 6.0L was the standard engine in the 3500 chassis (190P & 210P models) for the past 10 years or so.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Yes, I was wondering too. While 4.8L is correct engine size for the base Chevy Express, I thought the 6.0L was the standard engine in the 3500 chassis (190P & 210P models) for the past 10 years or so.

Am i SURE it's not a typo, no.. But it's from a well known highly rated dealer, and it has a price that reflects that fact that it's not a 6.0, so mit made sense to me and i moved on..

But, thanks for the idea... I'll send an email and double check...

sometimes when you're concentrating on digging, it's easy to miss the obvious
Old 09-03-2018, 01:10 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post

i sent them a message. i don't have much hope... the tow capacity is only 4,500 which matches w/ the 4.8. no vin was listed, so i couldn't check it myself..
Old 09-03-2018, 02:52 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
i sent them a message. i don't have much hope... the tow capacity is only 4,500 which matches w/ the 4.8. no vin was listed, so i couldn't check it myself..
You are correct. I found this rather lengthy Roadtrek Brochure on their 2010-2011 models and it shows the 6.0L was only an option, but not standard those years. I have the 6.0L in my '2012 Airstream Avenue Suite (very similar to a 190P with wet bath) and the engine/transmission combination is a beast. We got 15 mpg on a trip from the Texas coast and back.

On the positive side, when you find a newer model with that great powertrain, you'll also get a '2011 chassis which is when they added Stabilitrak. It was an important feature for me. When piloting a 9,000+ vehicle, I feel better that stability control is there should I ever call upon it.

https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/R...model_year.pdf

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #28

I had my RoadTrek there. Made an appointment that was 10 weeks out "because so busy". Got it there for full check up for safety, tune up and new black and grey water gates... told be done in a week... after 8 weeks of nothing being done, I told them coming to pick up. They tried to make me pay for 8 weeks of parking, at $50/day. Needless to say, I didn't pay it, I got my RT back and took it elsewhere. Work done within a week. LA MESA in Port St. Lucie is terrible. Don't go there. Worst service ever. If not for lawyer brother, they may have gotten away with the parking fee.
sally4157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:36 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally4157 View Post
I had my RoadTrek there. Made an appointment that was 10 weeks out "because so busy". Got it there for full check up for safety, tune up and new black and grey water gates... told be done in a week... after 8 weeks of nothing being done, I told them coming to pick up. They tried to make me pay for 8 weeks of parking, at $50/day. Needless to say, I didn't pay it, I got my RT back and took it elsewhere. Work done within a week. LA MESA in Port St. Lucie is terrible. Don't go there. Worst service ever. If not for lawyer brother, they may have gotten away with the parking fee.

If there is no warranty work involved and the repairs don't require parts that are proprietary to Roadtrek, I think in general you would do better with an independent shop. Also, if Sunshine State RV is in your neck of the woods, they seem to get good reports.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #30
Bronze Member

Default Bad service..for sure

I have a 2015 Agile ss..stoped there to get it looked at ..they charged ne several hundred to look into things ..i paid it ..thay gave me a quote to fix everting after i called them daily for a week ..i treied to call them to aprove the work but after two weeks of e mails ,text and calls w no responce i called the manager ..
Got basicly the same from him ..i am probaly better for it .
When you get there for sirvice thay put you in a room full of unhappy customers trying to fight for warentee issues ..
On another note most RV sirvice places are much better

Quote:
if they would have allowed the inspector, i was ready to sign... I'm sure we could have bridged the 2,000 gap between asked and offered.. they've had the damn thing since may...

I'm still interested in the unit... I'm going to send a email to the sales person who was very accommodating, telling her i'm still interested, but the inspection portion is non-negotiable...

If they need to fill out september's quota in a month, then they may come back to me.. if they do, and I'm still in the market, then we'll talk...

I think the inspection was a bigger deal to them then the 2k...

the dealer's service center reviews are awful... i wouldn't want them doing any repairs anyway.. I live right near sunshine state RV, a 5 star (based on reviews) roadtrek dealer... any issues would be a $$$ adjustment, and i think that's their hangup..
David Pouliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:54 PM   #31

We have a 2007 210V with 129000 miles on it which we bought used with 5500 miles on it in 2010. We love the vehicle. It has the 6L engine which has carried us all over the Rocky Mountains and other mountainous areas without any problems. If you look at the 2007 Roadtrek Sales Brochure, the 6L was the standard engine. The 4.8L was an option. I am aware of the load issue but it has never caused us any problems. We usually camp at state parks or other locations that have hookups most nights so don't usually fill both water tanks which helps some. I suspect that near the start of long trips...we usually are gone 4-6 weeks at a time...we may be slightly overloaded but I make sure we have 80psi in rear tires and 60psi in the front tires (although the recommendation is 50psi, our vehicle handles better with 60psi).
Frankly, while I have only had minimal contact with the Sanford La Mesa Service Center, I find them somewhat difficult to deal with. I think as somewhat of a new Roadtrek Dealer, they are not very committed to Roadtrek owners.
3fox3@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Pouliot View Post
When you get there for sirvice thay put you in a room full of unhappy customers trying to fight for warentee issues ..
I think that's commonly described as a clue.