Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2020, 06:30 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Lagun Table Mount, Cabinet Side

Hey guys, I have a lagun table mount i would like to install. The place I am looking to mount it is my 5/8" thick real wood cabinet. Obviously it is too skinny for a long lag screw. Can you guys think of another way? Behind it is the fridge, it looks like a pain to install so I am trying to do this with a screws from the outside (4 of them)
coss370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:01 PM   #2
Bronze Member

A couple thoughts.

I glued a piece of wood the size of the aluminum Lagun bracket on to a 1/2" panel in one case.

WEST System epoxy describes drilling a large oversize hole most of the way through the panel and filling the oversize part with epoxy with silica filler. Before it all cures, install the plate and screws, temporarily holding things in place with tape.

If you are sure you will never want to move the plate, just epoxy it to the panel, remembering to wet sand the epoxy into the aluminum bracket.
JonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
Platinum Member

T-Nuts on the backside

even though it requires getting on the back side, it'll be secure

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:22 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I am about to install my third Lagun mount in our van. All three are on cabinetry faces.

It's best to bolster the backside with a mounting plate, even if you have a fridge there. You probably don't have to take it all the way out. Just loosen its hold-down screws and scoot it forward in the hole so that you can reach the back side of the cabinet.

Watch your vertical clearances. The hardware supplied with the Lagun is insufficient for many mounting scenarios. I have had to create bracket mounts to hold the pedestal sufficiently proud of the cabinetry. Without them, there's no way to swivel the table.

A few pics below.

Passenger seat mount (I later rounded the table corners). Obviously the table swivels to face the seat square on:

Amidships mount, with rounded corners. The black strap is a Velcro computer hold-down strap because we work while our van is in motion:

One of my bracket mounts, paint curing in my stick-and-brick oven:

Table top hanging on the wet bath door when not in use:

Pending and not shown: Rear doors mount (the amidships mount blocks the aisle when the van is stationary and someone is working there).
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #5
Bronze Member

How is the mount by the sliding door affixed? Or, to what is it attached?
joelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:12 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelm View Post
How is the mount by the sliding door affixed? Or, to what is it attached?
The butt end of the galley cabinet. I dug out a few more pics, including how we did the back bolstering, and the office-like accessory holders I added to that same butt end, so that I could reach items while sitting in the swiveled seat.

I used a magnetic organizer board on the angled part because that sometimes gets bumped into due to the tight space, and I did not want fixed protrusions there. If we bump the magnetic baskets, they fall harmlessly to the floor. Almost all of the pieces shown are from The Container Store. Except for the breakfast burrito - that's from Buc-ees.

I also mounted a collapsible coffee cup holder on that butt end post-photo.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:13 PM   #7
Bronze Member

we also used a backing plate. 1/2 inch plywood cut out!went to floor and oversize as space allows
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #8
Platinum Member

It's been awhile, but I think I ordered an extra plate or there was some option to make the plate thicker. I'll have to check tomorrow, if I remember, old age....
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote