Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2021, 12:02 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Last wide body RT?

What was the last year of the wide body Roadtrek?
k1hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1hog View Post
What was the last year of the wide body Roadtrek?

I think, except for leftovers in the bankruptcy of Roadtrek, they ended with failing of Roadtrek in 2019. They would be last of the Chevy 210s which were the only wide bodies in the later years since the 200 went away.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:22 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Since the old Roadtrek company bellied up in Feb 2019, I would guess that was the last year produced. I don't expect that there were many made based on the timing. I searched and there doesn't seem to be any for sale right now.

None of the Chevy based Roadtreks are made by the new company.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:34 PM   #4
Platinum Member

We ordered a 2007 RT 210P in 2006 as a gift to ourselves for our 30th wedding anniversary. Next week, we will celebrate our 45th anniversary.

In 2013, we bought a Phoenix Cruiser C only eleven months old and with 7,000 miles on it. We later sold our 210P and for the almost three years it was out of our lives we never quit missing it. The lady that had purchased it had only put 4000 miles on it and kept it in supreme shape during her ownership.

Now, no one probably has EVER sold a rv and missed it so much they bought it back again! The truth is, we never have found a better B for our lifestyle. We go to RV shows, look at Bs and go home and pet our RT.

It lives in a HVAC controlled garage just like it did the day we brought it home fifteen years ago. It is, mechanically and appearance wise, just like new.

We love the profile, room and handling of the Chevy Roadtrek 210P. We have had three other Bs and three Cs over the years. With the large fresh water tank and reasonable grey and black tanks and 80 cubic feet of storage (RT specs) it has many of the same capabilities of a small C and is a heck of a lot easier to drive and service.

To each their own but we find the wide body RT 210 to be perfect for us.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #5

After over a decade of researching and learning about Roadtreks, I finally pulled the trigger on my 2019 Roadtrek 210 Popular... and picked it up in Jan 2019, mere weeks before the full shutdown around Valentine's Day (along with the wonderful warranty and peace of mind I had read so much about). Glad I did manage to get one, as I've heard of units in partially completed state locked inside at closure. Have had my share of problems that had to be dealt with out-of-pocket but there is nothing available out there that offers the 'elbow room' of the 210. I believe mine may be one of, or perhaps the last one that rolled out of Kitchener.
LimboMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 06:07 PM   #6
Platinum Member

If in the market, Pleasure Way did a widebody on the Ford called the Excel

a neighbor has a 2015

another neighbor has a '99 on which he did a 4wd conversion in his driveway, swapping in the salvaged running gear from his 99 sportsmobile which burned down...in the driveway

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote