Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 01:09 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Here is a good guide to selecting an RV if you want a structured approach...

8-Step Program For Choosing Your First RV
That's all good advice. However, I might add it takes at least five RVs to fully know what you need. I'm on my fourth.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:55 PM   #22
Rok
Platinum Member

Yes, Davydd, the ratios are about the same, but the numbers are much lower for the GW Legend SE. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I think we are at 30 fresh, 26 gray, and 10 gallons black. (It might be 26 fresh, 20 gray and 10 black, but I know the black is 10 because it's the one that usually causes us to go to the dump station.)

We would dearly love those numbers to all be higher as dumping is NOT our favorite thing about RVing (is it for anybody?). If I had the tank capacities that you have, I probably wouldn't fill the fresh before driving to keep the MPGs up. (That is unless I was traveling somewhere where I was dry camping.)

I'm envious about the size of your tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
The Wonder is a Class C, period. It looks like a classic Class C RV. It's big but then with the Murphy bed design which I noticed people always marveled at it at RV shows makes it an either/or RV. You are either staying up and living or going to bed sleeping. There is no both for two people as in zone living and sleeping. I would pass on that arrangement. However, there seems to be no reason for them not to come out with some of the other Unity based designs in time.

Clue me. The FGB tanks make no sense to me. The Wonder fresh water is 34 gallons, grey tank is 28 gallons and the black tank is a whopping 37 gallons. When I dump I usually balance out and need to add fresh water at the same time. My grey tank is always much fuller than my black tank which I always thought was a good thing because it flushed the hoses after dumping black. This just seems out of whack and has potential for weight overload if all three tanks are not taken care of around the same time. So, if they are then there is a waste of tank space. This is with a chassis that is 700 pounds less GVWR than a Sprinter van.

For comparison in what I am talking about my Advanced RV is 40 gallons fresh water, 26 gallons grey and 18 gallons black. That ratio is working out pretty well timing wise visiting a dump station. My former Great West Van and Pleasure-way had similar tank ratios.
Rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:29 PM   #23
Platinum Member

I don't know if it makes much difference if your fresh water tank is empty or not in regard to fuel mileage. I'm finding wind direction, elevation changes and quality of diesel (whether bio or not) makes much greater differences. Like you always want to be driving east out of Denver with the wind to your back.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote