Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2021, 03:49 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default Lemon Squad Inspectors

Has anyone used Lemon Squad for pre-purchase RV inspection? They are much cheaper than NRVIA types. Opinion/review?

Thanks
HWDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The "Lemon Squad" do not state they do RV's. So they would likely cover the mechanical parts of your RV but not check things like the generator, water system, toilet, propane leak down test, house battery, roof AC unit, furnace etc.

If you don't care about testing those things, then go with the "Lemon Squad".

You might also ask why I put their name in quotes. I honestly don't see anything reputable on their website about their mechanics. Sure they need to be ASE Certified. So you have a guy who is certified in automotive HVAC and has no idea what to do with a misfiring engine that is ONLY reporting the misfire via OBDII and is not audible.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:56 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWDean View Post
Has anyone used Lemon Squad for pre-purchase RV inspection? They are much cheaper than NRVIA types. Opinion/review?

Thanks
Yes they do RV's. I had them do an inspection before I bought my RT 170. They did a very thorough inspection including all the RV components. Very prompt too. I was quite happy with the full report they provide. I recommend them.
DRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:54 PM   #4
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
The "Lemon Squad" do not state they do RV's.
https://lemonsquad.com/used-car-inspections/rv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRich View Post
Yes they do RV's. I had them do an inspection before I bought my RT 170. They did a very thorough inspection including all the RV components. Very prompt too. I was quite happy with the full report they provide. I recommend them.
Thanks.

The NRVIA techs are all over the place with prices. At the location I am looking at now, I checked 2 and price would be $600 and $700 for a 1996 RT, no fluid analysis. Lemon squad is $339. I checked an NRVIA tech in a different state for a 2003 PW and he was going to charge 550 with an eng oil analysis.

Lemon squad is probably not as thorough, but I am not spending a lot on RV anyway and expect some things to need fixing.
Old 02-10-2021, 04:35 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWDean View Post
https://lemonsquad.com/used-car-inspections/rv

I checked an NRVIA tech in a different state for a 2003 PW and he was going to charge 550 with an eng oil analysis.
You can do a engine oil analysis yourself for $30. but just like the NRVIA tech your going to have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the results to come back. And is the NRVIA tech doing a analysis on the transmission fluid? You can do that yourself too! And if the RV is a really good deal, it will be sold out from under you cause your waiting for the oil analysis results to come back. Better to ask for the maintenance records, including receipts!!!
Tiffin Allegro
Foretravel U225
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #6
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wny-pat View Post
You can do a engine oil analysis yourself for $30. but just like the NRVIA tech your going to have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the results to come back. And is the NRVIA tech doing a analysis on the transmission fluid? You can do that yourself too! And if the RV is a really good deal, it will be sold out from under you cause your waiting for the oil analysis results to come back. Better to ask for the maintenance records, including receipts!!!
I don't plan on doing any fluid analysis. I just mentioned it for price comparison. The van is 1800 miles away
Old 02-11-2021, 10:27 PM   #7
Gold Member

I ended up hiring them. I'll post the results here