Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #1

Default Lemonade from Lemons?

So with the uncertainly around RT/Hymer and a very likely scenario where warranties are pretty much going to be dissolved...

There are a few dealers around me with 2019 Axions sitting on their lots. Almost all however have the EccoTrek system included with them.

I wonder how low some would go given the current scenario?
Granted you would be buying a vehicle with likely no warrantee with the very expensive parts that may or may not have reasonably priced part even available in the future.

As an example, a 2019 Axion that supposedly listed for 83k with EcoTrek, UHG, factory solar, overpriced TV was already marked down to 68K...how low do you think a dealer would go to move them? I noticed one dealer says it comes with a 3rd party 8 year warranty...no thanks. I would also rather see a standard AGM but looks like most here got the package.

Of course there is also any possible title issues, does the dealer have the legal title, is it tied up through some sort of floorplan..etc.

All of that would have to also be taken into account.

If you were looking for an entry level unit like these configured as above, what would be the price that would make it worth your while to roll the dice...60K...55K...ext?

..or would you even consider it?
blueridgetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:47 PM   #2
Site Team

I would totally consider it, but only if I had good access to the necessary skill sets. At a good enough price, these vans could form the basis of a great semi-custom build, with most of the hard parts already done. As I said, if I were in the market, I would be all over this.

As for price, this is a unique situation. Some dealers may be terrified. Others may be taking it in stride. The only way to find out is to start with a low-ball offer and see what happens. I wold be tempted to walk in the door with a big bag of $100s (but not too many) and dare them to take it.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I actually just posted a similar question, but I’ll be lucky if anyone responds since I wrote a novel. Even before all this news came out, I saw the base model in the show room for 59,000 as the list price. Of course it didn’t include the options. I’m also looking for the fully loaded one like you are which is about 86,000. I was already thinking that I could probably get this dropped down to 60,000 based on the fact that so many people have posted negative reviews on the quality of the interior furnishings and I was going to use their flimsy two year warranty as a negotiating point as well. Another trick that I’ve used when buying new cars is to find the same vehicle at multiple locations and have them bid against each other. I’m pretty sure I will be getting one if I can get it between 50,000-55,000. But this is my first RV so hoping to hear from more experienced buyers. Also, does anyone who currently owns this model want to tell us how much they paid?
TinyTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Last night there were dealers that were selling these below $50K. That is 40+% off.

They are selling fast, so I would get on the web and start searching.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:07 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Last night there were dealers that were selling these below $50K. That is 40+% off.

They are selling fast, so I would get on the web and start searching.
I think this is the dealer with the low prices posted.

https://www.seegrinsrv.com/inventory..._make=Roadtrek

This dealer also sells Hymer's, but I don't see a specific tab for Hymer brands, so you'll have to search their class b's.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote