Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2020, 01:39 AM   #1

Question Leveling mattress in Roadtrek SS Agile

Anyone have any ideas for making the bed more comfortable? It is spacious, but, the foldout couch section is lower than the connected cushions. It seems that adding any kind of mattress covering would keep that unevenness. Thanks for any ideas!
sammcnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammcnair View Post
Anyone have any ideas for making the bed more comfortable? It is spacious, but, the foldout couch section is lower than the connected cushions. It seems that adding any kind of mattress covering would keep that unevenness. Thanks for any ideas!
Put a memory foam mattress topper the size of the couch section in a cover of some sort (we used a futon cover). Put it on the sofa during the day and on the bed at night.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #3
Platinum Member

You probably could put some small blocks under the bed mounts to the floor of the van as that would raise the entire bed and couch section but not the bolsters.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
Bronze Member

The bed is our 2015 Agile is completely level (including level with the cushions in the feet area) when fully extended into the bed (flat) position. Wondering if yours has a mechanical issue, or maybe the cushions have compressed with age.
OregonTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammcnair View Post
If like our 190, there is a small gap due to compression of the bench seat. My wife would roll a towel up and stuff it in there as she made the made each night. It worked, but the whole thing of making the bed up for my naps and each evening is why we are going to a class C.
tomiverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomiverson View Post
If like our 190, there is a small gap due to compression of the bench seat. My wife would roll a towel up and stuff it in there as she made the made each night. It worked, but the whole thing of making the bed up for my naps and each evening is why we are going to a class C.
We use the front seats in our 190 for daytime seating or dining (rare, because we're mostly outside). My wife also enjoys sitting curled up on the bed in back with the rear doors opened wide. The only time we take up the bed is when we're driving because we need the sofa for passenger seating. When the kids fly the nest (soon), the bed will likely stay made up all the time.

Because it folds, there are noticeable bumps between the separate cushions, but no significant height differences in ours. We spread a comforter over the cushions to smooth things out. We're not picky about beds, as long as they are not too soft.

But with a height difference, I like Booster's suggestion to shim the sofa. If it's older and the foam inside has deteriorated, there's also the option to involve an upholsterer and restore the seat cushion(s).