Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default long extended full size vans and modifications

i wonder if some used a long extended van and made modifications like putting in a smaller motor ford (or whatever brand ) 302 or 351 and also changed the rear axle gears for better milage if it would be worth it or is their some long full size extended ford or chevy or dodge vans with smaller motors already in them around that size ? does someone have a link that would show different engine, etc. sizes that are available for full size extended vans ?? a web page showing axle ratio's etc. for the best gas mileage would be good .
lightspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #2

Default Re: long extended full size vans and modifications

hi -
i have a 2005 e250 extender cargo van commercial - it has factory 4.6 small block v8 has standard axle ratio 4:10 / 3:73 in recrational van. the 4.6 small block is the new generation 302. i believe that the 4.6 and 5.4 small block ford engines get about the same gas mileage. cars.com http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research....=&aff=national says i get 15/19 with 4.6 and 4:10.
blkjak -