Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default Lots of Class B's on the move.

We have been coming down to this area of Florida for the last 18 years and this year we have seen more Class B's in the campground than we have seen in all the 18 years! There seems to be quite a few of the smaller Class C's also.

There seems to be another B or B+ in every day. It has got to the point where I no longer rush out to greet the Roadtrek guys as there are too many. They only stay for a day or two and then they are on their way.

We have had some 'no name B's' in, or perhaps the decal had worn off, some Great West Vans, RT's, Leisureway's but to date, no Pleasureways.

I think the B's are beginning to catch up. Maybe only the B's are able to get through the East Coast storms.
Hallibagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Lots of Class B's on the move.

We bought here in FL last year, someday it will be fulltime home, but for now the winters! You mention B's, in our park there are no less than 8 B's - the majority being RT's, but there is a PW, GW and a Liesure Time moving around here. These all seem to be everyday drivers, for they are in and out and enduring the cold spell. It is great to see their popularity growing. Safe travels.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallibagger
We have been coming down to this area of Florida for the last 18 years and this year we have seen more Class B's in the campground than we have seen in all the 18 years!

I think the B's are beginning to catch up. Maybe only the B's are able to get through the East Coast storms.
Might be another one "dropping in" in about 3 weeks if you're still down there.
I can't remember when you leave for home, but I think it was around the beginning of March?
We're leaving for FL (Daytona, Orlando, and Dunedin) first week of March.
Might drop by if you're still about, we're curious about a state park (Oscar Scherer)
about 40 miles up the road from you, and want to check it out when we get there.
We'd be in your vicinity probably around the week of Monday the 8th.
We're hoping the "East Coast storms" will have subsided and the weather improved by then.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Gold Member

Hi Mike,

We will be here until the morning of the 20th March when we go up to Lakeland for a short stopover.

Deryck
Old 03-13-2010, 03:30 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Hey Deryck,
Well, it's March 12 and we're still at home looking for a genset repair place.
A couple of weeks ago, I decided to have my new isolator installed and to get the oil
changed in the genset at the same time. Well, the isolator install went sort of OK I guess,
but the service guy told me my genset wouldn't start after they were done. After charging me an
extra hour's labour to NOT figure it out, I left. I tested the isolator overnight when
I got home. Next morning, car battery was dead. Boosted OK. I noticed they had sprayed
some red stuff all over the isolator face, so I sprayed it all with WD40 to see if it was
di-electric and shorting the terminals. The next day, it seemed OK. Started fine. Maybe
1 problem solved? I'm not sure, more testing required.
I then started to look for an Onan genset repair shop and spoke to the nearest one,
in Hamilton. They were very busy and suggested they'd get back to me if and when they
could get it in for a look. I guess they're the only game in town and are too busy to help me
anytime soon, so I sent some emails to some places today that are farther away and I might
have a couple of leads. Hopefully I'll get it fixed early next week, but apparently there's no
guarantee in the world of RV repair.
We now also have some more personal stuff to take care of, which will keep us here until
at least the 18th. I would expect, if nothing else goes wrong, and if we were to head south
in March, our earliest departure would be the 19th, and we'd maybe make Florida by the 21st,
at our usual meandering pace. Which would be a day or two late to meet you in Punta Gorda.

So, it doesn't look like we'll be able to swing by PG for a brown pop anytime before you're headed
home. Unless you're staying in Fl a bit longer that is. It occurs to me that if we head out to Gaspe
again this summer, we may take the north shore route east, and could be in the Kingston area.
Possibility?

Anyway, take care.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
Gold Member

Hi Mike,
Too bad. I would have left anyway and dropped in to a US maintenance facility! What a bunch of turkeys!

OK, maybe we will see you in Florida next year! We will be leaving around Noon on the 22nd but we will be in full panic mode by then!

We will be in for most of the summer, we do have a couple of Rallies coming up, but they are in late June and early September.

Let us know if you plan to come by, either via this forum or PM.

Deryck
Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I mentioned that to DW and she agrees with you, we should have forgtten about
"shopping local" and just gone south, but it looks like the weather is only just
now settling into a more "Florida-like" routine, especially the temperature.

Again, if I can get the genset fixed before this Friday, there's a slim chance we
could be in the TB/St. Pete's area by Sunday, but that's hoping for a perfect drive
and no other issues on the way.
So maybe it's the Leaf's cheer, "wait 'til next year!!!" for a FL meeting.

If we're on our way east I'll PM the day before the day we're leaving.

Take care, safe journey,
Mike.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
Gold Member

Thanks Mike, you too.

Maybe we will run into you at a Rally sometime. I have posted our 2010 Rallies on the Website now.

Have a good one!

Deryck