Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #1
Bud
Platinum Member

Default Loud Solution vs quiet solution

Hi all,

It seems that with Pleasure-Way's new 2018 solution to keep your pets or whatever cool and warm is simply Loud vs the Advanced RV quieter solution:

ONAN vs vehicle engine.

Yes I know that David has explained that neither one is quiet, but one is Much Less LOUD.

The Pleasure-Way solution is about what I tried to explain in an earlier thread. Maybe there is a market for a quiet conventional generation that simply costs more but a LOT less than an exceptional Advanced RV.

Bud

Oh,
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Obviously, with only 200ah of batteries, you would need the generator if you need AC. Auto generator start has been around a long time in the better inverter chargers like Magnum and Outback as it is necessary on a lot of boats. Pleasure-way does integrate it into the touch screen so they can use temp and turn on the AC, it appears.

Of course one question would be how much parasitic load the two touchscreens and supporting hardware take, as 200ah is not a lot of battery.

I guess in my old fashioned world, it seems like a lot of hardware and potential problems for things that may or may not be needed.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Of course one question would be how much parasitic load the two touchscreens and supporting hardware take, as 200ah is not a lot of battery.

I guess in my old fashioned world, it seems like a lot of hardware and potential problems for things that may or may not be needed.
I am not a big fan of excessive automation in B-vans either (not old-fashioned, it is just that IMO (with a few exceptions) it is a bit silly to take on the cost and complexity of such controls in a space that small). I will say, though, that from a human-interaction perspective it looks like Pleasure-Way did a better job at it than ARV's rather awkward SilverLeaf system.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:53 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
I am not a big fan of excessive automation in B-vans either (not old-fashioned, it is just that IMO (with a few exceptions) it is a bit silly to take on the cost and complexity of such controls in a space that small). I will say, though, that from a human-interaction perspective it looks like Pleasure-Way did a better job at it than ARV's rather awkward SilverLeaf system.
I agree. I think that a tablet based control system will gain popularity. If you get an Android based radio headset you half way there. Just add this hardware and you ready to go. The system flexibility will allow for continue s updating with new modules like SOC meter etc. https://rv-command.com/product/rv-command/
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:56 AM   #5
Platinum Member

The weak link in Pleasureway's system is that everything runs off an 8 gal propane tank (including LP heat, an LP generator to run the AC, an LP water heater, a 3 way refrigerator that needs to run off LP while traveling plus the cooking stove). You are going to be filling that propane tank a lot.

They need to convert some of these appliances to diesel for their Sprinters (ie. 2nd alternator, Espar heater, compressor refrigerator, etc.). Multiplex wiring and tablets don't make up for their old school appliances.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote