Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2020, 07:45 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Macerator Pump Drain Hose

Need a new Macerator Pump Drain Hose as mine is torn and leaking. Tried to cut it off and put a new end on it but the hose would only tear. Lubed the hose with soapy water and tried again but it would keep tearing. What is everyone using for a hose and what is recommended. 2006 Chevy RT 190V .Thank you.
55 Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #2
Site Team

I've always liked the Thetford Sanicon hose. The nozzle is nice, too.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:52 PM   #3
Platinum Member

It looks like Thetford may have discontinued the Sanicon line of products???
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:28 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
It looks like Thetford may have discontinued the Sanicon line of products???
Looks like you are right. Too bad.

The hose and nozzle still seem to be around from stock, though.

E.g., Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-7042.../dp/B003DIU4C0
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:19 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Looks like you are right. Too bad.

The hose and nozzle still seem to be around from stock, though.

E.g., Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-7042.../dp/B003DIU4C0
That is the hose to get, a stretchy one that expands to 21'. But ouch, that price!

Ocassionally, someone sells a complete unit (usually the "portable" version which can be permanently installed) for about double that price, but usually triple. I got a spare like that so I have one if mine fails. The problem is some are over ten years old, mine is a 2014 model. So the question is, does it deteriorate with age and how much? Guess I'll find out someday.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:35 PM   #6
Bronze Member

What model macerator for 2009 Roadtrek 210 Versatile?
bigoldbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #7

I have the same issue with my 2006 model 190. Is there no cheaper alternative? Almost $200 on Amazon is pretty steep. Has anyone ever repaired one?
Top2MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:28 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Default Macerator for 2009 Versatile

I just bought new pump from Walmart.com for around $130.00 delivered. Same model # as original. Have not installed yet. There are impeller kits available but...just figured better replace pump. I have pictures of what another owner did to convert system by just draining thru hose, no pump, if anyone wants them. I can give email addy but will not post here. I get too much junk! Good luck. Any questions happy to help. Happy trails.

Ps. Anyone in Santa Cruz area? Son burned out in fire. Also Is welder losing job due to employer moving out of area. Needs job and place to park MH until better times ahead. Thx.
bigoldbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #9
Silver Member

My blackwater tank has a macerator that discharges to a 1" inside diameter hose but still had a standard 3" sewer hose connection. I saw no reason to keep the miserable 3" hose. I made an adapter (3" to 1.5") and used "lay flat PVC discharge hose" from the local farm store. $1 / foot. Rolls up small and works well at a dump station or to our home septic tank.
Ken Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:10 PM   #10
Platinum Member

This is a pretty good cheap substitute for a macerator hose. I bought one and used it on our Roadtrek for several years. It is not as flexible as a macerator hose but it sure will work in a bind. I had intended to replace it with a real macerator hose but thought I would do that when it failed. It did fail. Six years later. Comes in two sizes and I think you will need the one inch ID size.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/smartpond-B...ing/1000843644
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
This is a pretty good cheap substitute for a macerator hose. I bought one and used it on our Roadtrek for several years. It is not as flexible as a macerator hose but it sure will work in a bind. I had intended to replace it with a real macerator hose but thought I would do that when it failed. It did fail. Six years later. Comes in two sizes and I think you will need the one inch ID size.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/smartpond-B...ing/1000843644
How did you attach it inside the macerator hose storage compartment?
Old 10-29-2020, 11:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoldbob View Post
I just bought new pump from Walmart.com for around $130.00 delivered. Same model # as original. Have not installed yet. There are impeller kits available but...just figured better replace pump. I have pictures of what another owner did to convert system by just draining thru hose, no pump, if anyone wants them. I can give email addy but will not post here. I get too much junk! Good luck. Any questions happy to help. Happy trails.

Ps. Anyone in Santa Cruz area? Son burned out in fire. Also Is welder losing job due to employer moving out of area. Needs job and place to park MH until better times ahead. Thx.
What model was that? Would it work on a 2006 Roadtrek 190 Popular?
Old 10-29-2020, 09:55 PM   #13
Bronze Member

I just bought a 2016 Roadtrek SS Agile and found that the hose was torn

I bought this hose:
https://smile.amazon.com/Clean-Dump-.../dp/B007HRMXBI
but it has not been installed yet because I can not get a service appointment until late Nov to get it done. Most annoying!
woodbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:20 PM   #14
Platinum Member

TOP2MP asked how I attached the hose. I simply put in a PVC pipe union between the hose from the pump to the area of the storage box. That way, if I needed to replace the hose in the storage box I just disconnected the union, replaced with new hose, curled it up in the storage box like the original hose and connected the union. Earlier, I had replaced the macerator hose from the pump to the union with a high pressure rubber hose used for an agricultural sprayer, I bought it at Tractors Supply and it is thick, 125psi hose and should last a lifetime.

Topwop on this forum did the same thing and made a video of it. You can search for his posts and find it. That was about a month ago.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:21 AM   #15

Default Can't find Topwop's video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
TOP2MP asked how I attached the hose. I simply put in a PVC pipe union between the hose from the pump to the area of the storage box. That way, if I needed to replace the hose in the storage box I just disconnected the union, replaced with new hose, curled it up in the storage box like the original hose and connected the union. Earlier, I had replaced the macerator hose from the pump to the union with a high pressure rubber hose used for an agricultural sprayer, I bought it at Tractors Supply and it is thick, 125psi hose and should last a lifetime.

Topwop on this forum did the same thing and made a video of it. You can search for his posts and find it. That was about a month ago.
I can't find Topwop's video of this technique. Would it be possible for you to post photo's?
Thanks
Old 11-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Top2MP, why don't you send a private message to Topwop on this forum and ask him to post it. I don't know where it is posted.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:32 PM   #17

Default I did too

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbri View Post
I just bought a 2016 Roadtrek SS Agile and found that the hose was torn

I bought this hose:
https://smile.amazon.com/Clean-Dump-.../dp/B007HRMXBI
but it has not been installed yet because I can not get a service appointment until late Nov to get it done. Most annoying!
I just bought the same hose and cannot get an appointment until Nov 30. If yours gets done earlier, please let me know how it went and the approximate cost.
Thanks
Old 11-12-2020, 01:52 PM   #18
Platinum Member

We have a macerator with a detachable 1-1/2" canvas type fire hose that flattens and stores folded in the long narrow compartment integrated in the nerf bar behind the cab door. You can final drain it by flattening it and running your hand to squeeze out any liquid by gravity. The dump end valve has the quarter turn closer and the macerator end has a plug closer. This is a photo of our condo garage community dump station where we can final dump after every trip.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:08 AM   #19
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top2MP View Post
I just bought the same hose and cannot get an appointment until Nov 30. If yours gets done earlier, please let me know how it went and the approximate cost.
Thanks
Did you get yours done? How did it go? what was the cost to install it?
Mine goes in for service Dec 1 so I'm a few weeks out.
woodbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:31 AM   #20

I haven't got it done yet. My appointment is for Nov 30th. I am really having a hard time finding a hose that will work. The Thetford hose recommended above seems to be out of stock on every site I try. As far as the cost, we were quoted $800 to $900 for replacing the macerator and hose. That includes them providing the parts. Hope this helps.