Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2019, 12:51 AM   #1

Angry manual operation of power bench seat

HELP!!!!!

Does anyone one know how to operate the screw drives manually to lower the rear power bench seat in a Roadtrek Ranger RT. I can disconnect the canon plug to remove power but need to know the place to go with the right tools to lower and raise seat manually. Either the motor has gone bad, the switch is bad or wiring is bad. Unless any other ideas?

But would really like to make the bed! Sleep berry important!

Any ideas or workarounds would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Ranger RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:58 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Power Sofa

Attached is a pdf file that might help - assuming the attachment works. It shows how to lower the sofa without power.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Remove Roadtrek Power Sofa Drive.pdf (458.7 KB, 168 views)
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 02:35 AM   #3

OMG Ross! Thank you.

I just looked and my brackets look the same and will try in the morning. I had just booked a last minute trip to a Florida state park for tomorrow night and went out to provision the van and the bench would not come down.

I will let you know in the morning.

Obviously will be looking for the solutions to repair this system when we get back.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 12-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #4

Ross,

I can't thank you enough for your quick response!
We have success with our new manual operation. We will trouble shoot the system when we get back to see if we can get it operational again. However the trip will go on due to your help!

Thanks again and happy holidays,
Gary
Old 12-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Gary!

Hey, that wasn't your RT we saw in Lake Aire RV park near Charleston, SC back on Oct. 27th, was it?

One in a million chance, but we met a nice couple with an RT and their dogs there. Exchanged peeks inside their RT and our similar Airstream Avenue. They were having problems with their rear bed as well.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:59 PM   #6
Platinum Member

This seems like useful information. When I first brought my RT 190P home the coach batteries were deader than dead and no opportunity to plug in, so I had to sleep crossways on the narrow sofa seat. I printed out the PDF and added it to my owner's manual just in case.

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2019, 10:12 PM   #7
Platinum Member

It looked useful when I saw it, so I downloaded and saved it. Glad to know it works. Have a safe trip.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
It looked useful when I saw it, so I downloaded and saved it. Glad to know it works. Have a safe trip.
It would be a relatively minor inconvenience if we were unable to raise the bed into a rear seat (there is just the two of us), however, it would definitely ruin a trip if we could not get the seat down and into a bed.

I checked my Airstream Avenue and it looks like they used the same rear seat hardware as Roadtrek. I hope I never need to use this knowledge, but I'm glad to have it just in case. Thanks.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
OMG Ross! Thank you.

I just looked and my brackets look the same and will try in the morning. I had just booked a last minute trip to a Florida state park for tomorrow night and went out to provision the van and the bench would not come down.

I will let you know in the morning.

Obviously will be looking for the solutions to repair this system when we get back.

Thanks,
Gary
Can’t you just use a deep well socket with a ratchet handle and manually raise and lower the bed?
Dcarm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:38 PM   #10

Default Power sofa beds

Our sofa bed is functioning on only one of the two worm drives. The other needs replacing. Does anyone know where to get a replacement? Our van is a 2001 Leisure Travel, but appears to have the same sofa bed as shown in the above thread. Thanks for any useful input.
jschurman is offline   Reply With Quote