Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Manufacturer Participation

I have extended an open invitation to Class B RV manufacturers to participate on the Class B Forum.

I will let them decide their level of participation. Initially I think that we will see news items, recall information etc. Please note that their visits will be infrequent and that end users should follow manufacturer guidelines to obtain product support.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:17 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Direct involvement of manufacturers would give them as well as members of the forum an opportunity to exchange information on many aspects of products not sufficiently covered by their user manual such as piping, electrical circuits.

Sometimes the best products reveal certain unsuspected minor flaws after they have been put on the market. Since they do not involve passenger security, no recalls are issued but they create a high degree of frustration among owners. Manufacturers could help out by informing owners and giving them them advices since many retailers. It could become an ongoing product and client relations improvement channel.

However, it should not become a place for them to promote their products or to claim it is better than the others. A basic ethic should prevail.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:53 AM   #3
Platinum Member

So far two have actually joined and two more are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinier
It could become an ongoing product and client relations improvement channel.
I think so. It gives them a chance to respond to clear up misconceptions quickly and to direct the end user to the proper person for assistance.

End users should follow manufacturer guidelines to obtain product support. Manufacturers have customer support channels and their dealer networks in place to help customers.

I have been very clear that open sales pitches will be deleted and that informative post will be welcomed. They are in business to sell motorhomes and if this forum helps to sell motorhomes that's great. They are competitors so I can't favor one over another.

I hope they tell us about new models, maintenance tips and provide link to manuals or schematics even for out of warranty items. They can tell us what shows their vehicles will be at and also let us know if they host a rally and where it will be held.

See: RV Rallies, Get Togethers and RV Shows

Their websites are static. We don't visit their sites often. Forums are dynamic. People visit forums frequently.

I recently found out that one of the manufactures offers a macerator kit. Their dealers know about it but I bet not many owners know about it. That's an example of something they could tell us about.

I've noted before that disputes should be settled through the proper channels, not here. Bashing the manufactures won't help anyone get their problem sorted out.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Hi Marcopolo,

What you just said is quite clear and, in my opinion, can serve as a reference in terms of ethics and forum behaviour for manufacturers.