Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2018, 03:31 AM   #1

Default Mercedes Benz Sprinter Roof Rails

I have been curious for a while now about the roof rails on the Sprinter. Obviously models such as the Winnebago Revel would have the channels for racks and such, but do other models come with the rails already installed? Do models such as the Coachmen Galleria, Airstream Interstate, Winnebago ERA, etc have rails installed? If not, how would you go about adding the rails without tearing up the interior? I have seen many youtube videos showing install procedures from inside a stripped out van. Any info would be appreciated.
TravelinDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I have factory roof rails on my 2013 Airstream Interstate, built on a 2012 Sprinter 3500 170" WB Extended. I'm not sure about Coachman or Winnebago ERA. I do know that the Airstream Interstates since about 2015 no longer have roof rails. Probably a cost savings since the awnings can be installed without the roof rails.

You can add roof rails to any Sprinter, the holes are there but just plugged. The rails are available from the dealer. But as you noted you will have to remove the interior ceiling panels to complete the installation since they are held in place buy nuts on the inside.