Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2021, 02:21 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
I am Costco member but I buy tires at Discount Tire. They will match Costco and service is better. No problem on my Roadtrek 210.

Exactly what we do, also. Great service, easy price match.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:35 PM   #22

I am about to purchase my first replacement tires for my 2015 Travato. I need reliable highway tires. I don't tow anything. The tire repair place closest to me only has 10 ply Firestone HT2 (half hour drive to that place). There are more options at a city 1 1/2 hour drive from me, but one of my tires is flat and I am a bit concerned about driving that far with the tire patch stuff blown into the tire. I think the place nearer to me would order other tires if I knew what I wanted. I don't want a rough, noisy ride but I want something dependable that will last. Help is greatly appreciated!!
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:59 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Exactly what we do, also. Great service, easy price match.
I am located close to Discount Tires and Costco and was contemplating both places. My TPMS sensors were still OK but their battery life is only 5-7 years so it was good time to replace them. My final choice for Costco over Discount tires was due to higher cost of TPMS sensors, almost $100 over Costco Dills, tires were the same cost.

I think Sprinter TPMSs are self-programmable for sensors ID and direction (which wheel), but this is based on some Internet opinions, I never verified it with Mercedes folks. If they indeed are self-programmable the least expensive route would to get right frequency sensors (315 or 433 MHz) on E-bay or Amazon and buy tires from Discount Tires. Discount Tires would install them but Costco would not.

My 2013 Sprinter came with sensors in both frequencies but this information was not provided on the factory build sheet by VIN. So, too many unknowns hence Costco. I requested old sensors and they are 433.92 MHz by MB/Schrader Electronics.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:14 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Expensive day at Costco today, almost $1000 for new rubber and sensors. I decided to go with Michelin - Agilis CrossClimate ....
Very interesting thread re: the warranty issues.

I was told about 6 months ago that the CrossClimate was the replacement for the Defender which was being phased out. That created a predicament in my case given that I had 4 relatively new Defenders on my van. Because of Canada's federal quarantine policy, I decided to replace the aged spare with a 5th Defender (I had not worried about the spare previously, but I would be prohibited from calling Good Sam in the event of a tire problem during quarantine, so I figured I need a full road-worthy upgrade). The closest remaining Defender was in Florida, and they shipped it to me in Houston.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:14 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraz View Post
I am about to purchase my first replacement tires for my 2015 Travato.

Hi Shiraz,

my impressions on the Agilis for my chev based pleasure way

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...ons-10460.html

some tire shop want to sell us truck tires for the RV, assume these will be rough riding

we desire a comfortable ride and a quieter tire, so selection needs to take into account the load range and sizes available

then find the people to install

can they lift a tall heavy vehicle?

can they lift with out breaking the tanks!

I used a local chain store Discount Tire and they used 4 x floor jacks to lift the van.

I could have bought thru costco but they were special order...

Speaking with my always excellent costco tire techs, they tell me that the chain is stocking only the most common, high volume selling tires

for all the priuses in a costco parking lot- they no longer carry tires for my prius

cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:01 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
Hi Shiraz,

my impressions on the Agilis for my chev based pleasure way

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...ons-10460.html

some tire shop want to sell us truck tires for the RV, assume these will be rough riding

we desire a comfortable ride and a quieter tire, so selection needs to take into account the load range and sizes available

then find the people to install

can they lift a tall heavy vehicle?

can they lift with out breaking the tanks!

I used a local chain store Discount Tire and they used 4 x floor jacks to lift the van.

I could have bought thru costco but they were special order...

Speaking with my always excellent costco tire techs, they tell me that the chain is stocking only the most common, high volume selling tires

for all the priuses in a costco parking lot- they no longer carry tires for my prius

cheers, Mike

That review was a while ago, has anything further changed as they have gotten some miles on them?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:18 PM   #27
Platinum Member

all favorable
Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:50 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
..... reset new TPMS Dill sensors after they programmed them in with new IDs. .....
RECAP:

George, can you please confirm your van description and your TPMS brand configuration exactly?

-- You stated above a dry weight of 7,000 pounds (which is impressively light). Loaded weight tends to be how much?
-- 2013 Sprinter (NCV3), and it's clearly a 2500 from your website, so only 4 wheels
-- Consistent with the NCV3, you are using a slightly larger but otherwise comparable Load E tire vs. mine (LT245/75R16/E - my older Sprinter takes 225)... am I correct in assuming that you are running in the neighborhood of 80 psi?

These things being the case, what exact Dill sensors and head unit do you now have? What are the specific part numbers?

I am asking because the Dill web widget does not return a suggested configuration for my Sprinter. What DH and I have found generally is that most aftermarket TPMS systems are designed for cars, not higher-pressure tire applications. Therefore I am trying to figure out which system would be best for a T1N Sprinter, and obviously you have one such data point to consider.

Thanks.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
RECAP:

George, can you please confirm your van description and your TPMS brand configuration exactly?

-- You stated above a dry weight of 7,000 pounds (which is impressively light). Loaded weight tends to be how much?
-- 2013 Sprinter (NCV3), and it's clearly a 2500 from your website, so only 4 wheels
-- Consistent with the NCV3, you are using a slightly larger but otherwise comparable Load E tire vs. mine (LT245/75R16/E - my older Sprinter takes 225)... am I correct in assuming that you are running in the neighborhood of 80 psi?

These things being the case, what exact Dill sensors and head unit do you now have? What are the specific part numbers?

I am asking because the Dill web widget does not return a suggested configuration for my Sprinter. What DH and I have found generally is that most aftermarket TPMS systems are designed for cars, not higher-pressure tire applications. Therefore I am trying to figure out which system would be best for a T1N Sprinter, and obviously you have one such data point to consider.

Thanks.
Loaded van is about 7,600 lbs. 2013 144” WB Passenger model. Tires LT245/7516 E. Van's label calls for 47/70 PSI and this was the pressure set at Costco with nitrogen. The sensor is Costco item #1283960, was told it was DILL, on the receipt it is stated REDI-SENSOR 5001, Original sensor was Schrader Electronics/MB CCAJ12LP1540T6 - 433MHz.

If you didn’t have TPMS from the factory you likely don’t have receivers and that is why Dill doesn’t list sensors for your van. MB receivers are capable to program by themselves for sensor ID and sensor location, for example front/right or rear/left. So, any sensor can be use as long transmission frequency is correct, 315 or 433 MHz. Programmable sensors can also be used and programmed to MB ID, I am not sure which way Costco installed mine, they were going around with a TPMS reader and it took about 5 min of highway speed to get them synched.

If you don’t have factory TPMS system an after market system would be the most practical choice, perhaps with internal sensors.

Good luck.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:03 PM   #30
Platinum Member

I swear by Discount Tire. Although they are not in all states they are working on it. Service is superb. They put new TPMS sensors 3 years ago and I have had trouble twice, the last time they replaced all 4 with a newer type sensor without question. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:31 PM   #31

Default tires 2007 roadtrek190

Looking to get new tires for my 2007 roadtrek 190? any recommendations? will be driving on pavement and gravel roads.

thanks
mcewen907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:57 AM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcewen907 View Post
Looking to get new tires for my 2007 roadtrek 190? any recommendations? will be driving on pavement and gravel roads.

thanks
Welcome to the forum!

Any of the tire brands mentioned above would be worth looking at. Just make sure they meet the size and load range on your door sticker.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:50 PM   #33
Platinum Member

Default Agilis CrossClimate

I have put the CrossClimate tires on two different campers. They have both been a significant upgrade over the stock tires. To some degree I don't care how long they last as the better driving characteristics are worth it.
jakegw2 is offline   Reply With Quote