Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Mid 1990s Pleasure-Way inside height

Hi, all. I'm looking at a used Pleasure-Way from mid-90s. It's a bit far from me, so before I head down to see it was wondering about standing height. I'm just under 6' and the ceiling is said to be 6'. Can anyone who owns these things speak to how precise that is and if someone of my height would be able to walk around without brushing his head against the top all the time? What about the bed -- long enough? Thank you!
alwechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:10 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hello and Welcome

bed size will depend on model.

I have a 2006 PW Lexor TD on a Chev- the fore/aft bed on the driver side is 84"(? -as I recall ), the pass side is 78"( ?)

The lowest height clearance is the rail for the shower curtain, I am about 6'1"- I can wear sneakers in the van- but thick soled boots I'd scrape my head or knock off a ball cap

the build quality, materials, and layout of the systems ( electrical/gas/water) in our PW are very good

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:19 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Without exact year and model information, which you should know, you will have to look it up yourself. Go to the PW website and you’ll find the manuals for all the models. All the dimensions, sizes, capacities, etc. are spelled out there.
You can also download the manual, although make sure you get all the manuals from the previous owner. There should be a whole packet of them.
Brooklet, GA
bl_smith25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:07 PM   #4

We have a 1996 PW build on a Dodge 3500. I am just over 6' and I feel comfortable moving around in the van and don't bump my head, but honestly can't say I don't slump some. Can't give you the actual measurements because the van is 4,000 miles away but we love it and you should feel comfortable in it. As for bed, it is tight if used as a single, like I sometimes do for a nap, but if bed is made into double it is fine, but yes my feet hang over just like they do at home in a king size bed. Only issue I have is the learning curve to remember to shut the top cupboards every time opened because it can really hurt when you hit your head on cupboard door.
Good luck and go for it, don't think you will be disappointed.
akroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:45 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroger View Post
shut the top cupboards every time opened because it can really hurt when you hit your head

not yet, but my wife everytime!
mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:09 AM   #6

We have a 2000 PleasureWay Lexor TD. This is the rear twin bed, floorpan. I am 6 foot, and have no problem standing in the kitchen area (central area). However, the bed area is a bit lower. I just have to remember to duck down a bit or I hit the A/C.

We bought our van used with only 60,000 miles on it. We drove about 1,200 miles to get it. The trip back to Florida was a pleasure. We have only used it a few times so far, but love it.

I took it to a mechanic and had some age related items replaced (belts, hoses, and brakes). The van is now almost good as new.

The van is well built. I am in the process of adding AGM batteries. I have installed a group 27 battery in the battery tray compartment. But I actually mounted it length wise, rather than cross wise. I am installing the second battery in the van in the rear storage compartment. I also am installing a pure sine wave inverter to run the TV and DVR player.

Nick
Nick&Linda is offline   Reply With Quote