Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Minneapolis RV show-model list

They finally got some information posted about what is going to be at the show. Really like the format of the list. Looks like we will be able to see many of the models we have been talking about here.

http://www.gsevents.com/shows/displa...&action=brands
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Minneapolis RV show-model list

The Winnebago Trend and Travato will be shown there. In the past couple of years there have been around 18 Class B vans in the show spread out among four dealers. It looks as if they are all back.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
Platinum Member

If you see the Winnebago Era 70C, be sure to post something about it in the 70C part of this forum. Maybe take photos, too?
http://www.classbforum.com/phpBB2/vi...php?f=9&t=2876

Thanks!

SiennaGuy
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:42 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I went to the Minneapolis RV Show.

Lake Region RVs was a lot heavier on the small Class Cs than Bs this year. They picked up a new company to represent in Renegade RV's Villagio. They also had Midwest Auto Designs Class B Sprinter but it was more a tour passenger model than an RV. They didn't have the Great West Van Promaster model. I was told that Great West would bring it down Saturday afternoon but it won't be in the show. They had a GWVan Legend, a Roadtrek 210 and Roadtrek CS Adventurous.

There was a Winnebago Travato at the show but no Trend. There was also an ERA 70X but no 70A or 70C.

Pleasureway had a Plateau, Ascent and Lexor. And they had two Pursuit models.

Airstream only had one Interstate.

It clearly looks as if both dealers and companies see more future in the small Class Cs. They prices also gave more bang for the buck.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #5

Hi Daviddd & Booster,

Do you have any idea when they typically announce exhibitor details for the Mpls RV Show each year? We're only about a month out from this year's show, yet the show website still seems to contain few exhibitor details.

I'm in the early stages of researching/learning about Class B RVs, and was hoping to be able to see several of the main offerings at this year's Mpls show. Based on your comments in this thread from last year, it unfortunately sounds like vendors are putting less and less emphasis on smaller RVs at these shows. Any thoughts on this perception, or other suggestions for someone still on the steep part of the Class B learning curve to see multiple offerings in the general Twin Cities area fairly easily?

Cheers & TIA,

Hanes
hanesworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #6
Platinum Member

The biggest Class B RV dealer in the Twin Cities is Lake Region RVs in Ramsey. They represent Leisure Travel Vans, Roadtrek, Midwest Automotive Designs and Great West Vans. They will most likely have the most there. They will also have some small Class Cs like the LTV Unity and Citations. Airstream Interstate will most likely be there as should the Winnebago's ERA and Travato as they are represented by big Twin City dealers. Midwest RV Sales is the Pleasure-way dealer. They were there last year and I hope they make it again. However, they used to prominently display their Bs right on I-394 and advertise regularly in the Minneapolis Star Tribune A section of the newspaper. Both have disappeared. I hope they are surviving. I think pretty much all the players in the B market will be there. What you'll never see is Sportsmobile or Advanced RV because the shows are dealer shows and not manufacturer's shows.

I'll miss this show this year. We are picking up our Advanced RV January 26th in Willoughby, OH and spend a couple of days at the factory. Then we will head for home long enough to load our B and head first for Arizona.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #7

Thanks for the quick and helpful response, Davydd. It will be fun to see what B offings are displayed at this year's show. Anything to get in out of the cold for a little bit!

Hope you enjoy your new rig, and create many new memories in it!
hanesworthy is offline   Reply With Quote