Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #21

Hi. Sorry for delay in replying. Haven’t checked the forum in a few days. I am in the Little Rock area. My price negotiations were with the dealer. They gave a reasonable reduction off the MSRP. I didn’t press too hard because they offered reasonable trade in values on my truck and trailer. So, I was satisfied with the bottom line. Now the main problem is waiting 16 weeks for the order.
billhirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:16 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billhirst View Post
From previous experience buying four other rv’s, I know 15-20% seems reasonable.
For a used Class B...any advice on how much to offer below the listed asking price? Is there a reasonable percentage to expect to take off used ones?
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #23
Platinum Member

It really depends on what it is. Some rare and desirable units command high prices. It also depends if it's priced above market, or at a market price, or below. Looking thru RV Trader will give you an idea.

I swear, even if you market something extremely low so it sells quick, there is always some fool that thinks 20% off that price is not an insulting offer.

When I list my Xplorer (soon I hope!), my price will be pretty firm, as it's a very desirable model with alot of expensive upgrades. I might entertain 2.5%- 5% off my reasonable asking price. Some idiot that low-balls me will just be ignored. I've been known to shut out buyers for even trying to low-ball - they don't get a chance to come up.

Right now seems to be a sellers market, so keep that in mind. Also, it's easy to sell things nationally, so there are alot more customers - many who will travel to get the right rig.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Rather than negotiating based on the asking price, I agree with Wincrasher that you should get a feel for an appropriate price based on ads in rvt.com and rvtrader.com. some people ask really high prices because they expect to negotiate and others ask for exactly what they expect to get.

If you think the price is too high, you might ask if the price is negotiable before looking at the rig. Otherwise, I would start by looking at it and deciding if it is priced appropriately. Then I might ask if the price was negotiable. Personally, I won't negotiate with anyone who hasn't put the effort to look at what I have for sale first.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:47 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Yes, it is sellers market now but it will not be that way forever.
There is a lot of demand now where gas prices have been low and interest rates have been low. Now interest rates are going up and gas prices are going up.
We will see if the demand continues like it has been.
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote