Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2016, 01:47 AM   #61
Silver Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I am VERY happy with my purchase. The layout is a tremendous improvement. With it so open, it's not an inconvenience to be cooped up during bad weather.

I also like having a sofa to sit on and a comfortable viewing angle to watch TV. In the mornings, I'll sit in the passenger seat and use the little table to use my laptop and have coffee and I can turn the TV to see it from that seat.

Outside of the equipment features you mentioned. Probably the nicest thing is the compressor refrigerator. It's really a joy to use, and I have no anxieties about battery capacity to run it. Another thing I REALLY like is no pump for the shower drain. And no pump to drain the tanks. That is a HUGE improvement and I like to know I'll never be inconvenienced by a pump failure.

Lastly, the bathroom is perfect for me. I like having the wardrobe back there. I like that the shower is big enough to turn around in. Having a proper medicine cabinet is a plus.

The downsides? The beds are high enough that the dog can't jump up there. Actually I consider this a plus, some may not. The gray tank is alittle small. You have to work around that, but I didn't really have any issues - I can make 4 days on it with alittle conservation.
That's an excellent review of what it's like to live with a 59K. Many people say that floor plan is the most important factor in choosing an RV. It's great to hear that your new rig meets your needs so well.

The differences in floor plan between the Travato 59K and 59G are not that different from the contrast between the Trend 23D vs the 23L respectively. Aside from the slide on the 23D, the basic configurations are very similar to their Travato counterparts.

What do you miss most about the 59G layout?
GigaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:55 AM   #62
Platinum Member

The only thing I think most folks would miss is the cargo area. Having that if you need it is nice. What I found was that I needed that area to stand in for a changing area. If you have cargo there, you can't use it for that, or get in the drawers you store your clothing in.

I always thought if pinched, I could use the van to haul home items from the Home Depot or Costco. I never ended up using the van for any such duty.

Another thing some may prefer about the G is that it is easier to make dark inside. It already has fewer windows than the K and is darker anyways, but with the window covers, you can get it really dark in there. Some folks need that darkness to sleep, I'm not so afflicted. I can sleep in broad daylight.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #63
Silver Member

Excellent analysis!
GigaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #64
Gold Member

I'd be uncomfortable storing the water and sewer hoses in the same compartment risking cross contamination. Is there a way to keep them separate?
tmshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:40 PM   #65
Platinum Member

Yes, of course there is.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:16 AM   #66
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Store the sewer hose in the side compartment made for it. Water hose inside, back in the bath cubby or thereabouts

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:23 AM   #67
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmshih View Post
I'd be uncomfortable storing the water and sewer hoses in the same compartment risking cross contamination. Is there a way to keep them separate?
You could just keep both in plastic bags... a white one for the water hose and a dark one for the sewer hose. That is what I did in one of my rigs.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:11 AM   #68
swo

Question G Vs K and adding seat belts

I'm looking seriously at the G but the K may be worth a second look.

I'm almost over the ZION even though the bigger tanks, under hood gen, and more seating are enticing they aren't worth almost 8 to 10 grand more to me. I'm going to see what the dealer offers as incentives. I know they can't come close to a Travato's cost.

All can be worked around except seating. 59G has 4, K is 2, ZION 5 max.
I would rarely need seats for 6 or even 7 but five is more possible. When you need the extra seat for transport from point A to B you need it. Still the need isn't great enough consider a to move up to an ERA or R/T Sprinters.

Since i'm planning on more of a touring coach-camper than a true camper van. I'm beginning to think 59K over the G. I like the openness of the K floor plan.

Does anyone know of someone installing lap belts in the back seats of a K or on the side bench seat of the G for those odd times you need an extra belted passenger seat?

Definitely would need to bolt to the floor but not sure you could get a safe angle on the belt?
swo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:35 AM   #69
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm almost over the ZION even though the bigger tanks, under hood gen, and more seating are enticing they aren't worth almost 8 to 10 grand more to me. I'm going to see what the dealer offers as incentives. I know they can't come close to a Travato's cost.
Kind of surprising, Lake Regions RV has a new 2015 Zion at $77K.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:12 AM   #70
Platinum Member

It is listed as a "show special" - for the winter MSP RV show I expect. This is the first Zion that they received. Lake Region tends to keep a model on hand so that customers can see one. Probably time to replace it with a newer one for the lot.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 02-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #71
Platinum Member

We're almost at the end of the cycle on the 2016's. So naturally this left over 2015 is worth alot less. For some, 2017's go into production in March!
Old 02-29-2016, 02:06 AM   #72
Platinum Member

One catch is that the 2017 Promaster chassis don't come out until late and will likely not be available for converters until late summer/early fall.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 03-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #73

May I ask how long it took from the time you ordered your Travato until the time you received it. We just placed an order for a 2017 Era 70A and am curious if you received yours when they said you would or if it took longer.
classbdreaming is offline   Reply With Quote