Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2021, 12:06 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default My PleasureWay Ascent Delay

So... I ordered my PleasureWay Ascent on July 30th. At the time, the wait was supposed to be six months, although PW quickly started increasing that time frame right after. Theoretically, that meant that I could have my new unit end of January / early February.

It wasn't to be.

The dealer didn't actually get the order over to PW until August 17th, I found out. PW tells me that by then, August was pretty much a wash for them, and I'm now looking at an April delivery.

The really sucky part is, my daughter's spring break is April 5-9, and I'm betting the unit will show up shortly AFTER the spring break.

I'm mostly posting just to whine and fish for sympathy. I want my toy, #$%@# it!
PleasantonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:22 AM   #2
Platinum Member

These are extraordinary times. Still, I understand your dismay.

I hope they make your April delivery, or even surprise you with a late March date.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:27 PM   #3
Platinum Member

It's been exactly two years since I first showed ARV my first custom design for a new Class B. It's been 1-3/4 years since they videoed a mock up of my design. They went through nearly a year where they couldn't get Sprinter vans and I wanted the new model van and not the old vans that were available. Then the startup factory had more delays and then COVID hit where ARV closed down a short time and backlogs ensued and probably there were more delays such from their vendor partners. But our van is now in the cabinet shop being built and I had another call from ARV yesterday to discuss needed changes they encountered. You think you have delays...
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:34 PM   #4
jls
Bronze Member

Even after you get your van, you have to allow for some time (weeks, months?) of getting everything setup the way you like (maybe some upgrades too) and to work out some inevitable bugs with all the systems.

I am really glad we got ours in the fall and have had time to work on things over the winter months before hitting the road for extended journeys. if we had just received our van and then assumed everything was good to go and hit the road, it would have been a disaster!
jls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:40 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I feel your pain, but the whole supply chain has been disrupted by covid. April is not that far away and it would be great if they can get your vehicle to you in time for spring break but you can see the light. I can’t tell you all the items that have delayed my build but you just have to adapt with the flow. I have been waiting for a water tank since December and little things like adhesive delivery delays can bring you to a standstill for a few days. I fortunately don’t have delivery date to be ready for save June but if I did I would be 2-3 months late through no fault of my own. Sometimes you just have to be patient and Aprils sooner than you think. Enjoy your new Ascent!
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:00 AM   #6
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
It's been exactly two years since I first showed ARV my first custom design for a new Class B. It's been 1-3/4 years since they videoed a mock up of my design. They went through nearly a year where they couldn't get Sprinter vans and I wanted the new model van and not the old vans that were available. Then the startup factory had more delays and then COVID hit where ARV closed down a short time and backlogs ensued and probably there were more delays such from their vendor partners. But our van is now in the cabinet shop being built and I had another call from ARV yesterday to discuss needed changes they encountered. You think you have delays...
Ouch! 1-3/4 years! You're right, I got no reason to whine.

Of course, I also just found out that my unit HAS SHIPPED and is on its way!!! So it looks like I'll be good to go for spring break after all!
PleasantonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:06 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Enjoy the van when it arrives. Good to hear.
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:09 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Go for that trip and have a wonderful time, but be prepared with your clip board so you can take note of all the things for which you'll want to take it back to the dealer for warranty work when you return from the trip. Hopefully, it'll be a short list!

(We bought new once. My motto now is Never Buy New, but I am grateful to and respectful of those who do.)
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote