Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2020, 02:22 PM   #1

Default National General Insurance, buyer beware

Insurance buyer beware: We bought a Pleasure Way Plateau TS less than a month ago, and so far we love the RV, despite some warranty issues that are being addressed by Mercedes. The quality of the PW build is excellent. We started with an insurance policy recommendation from Camping World to use Good Sam underwritten by National General. I would advise people to avoid this company at all costs. Their customer service team would not accept our residential address, despite providing a state issues drivers license, voter registration card, bank statements, tax statements and other forms of ID. They are very unreasonable and difficult to work with. I also read some horror stories on various forums after purchasing the policy. They would tell people to pay up front for repairs, and that they would be reimbursed once they sent in receipts. Then they would refuse to pay out the claim and send an army of lawyers against the people filing the claims. After so much red tape and bureaucratic BS over a matter as simple as an address, and their unreasonable requirements, I decided that there is no way I would want to deal with them in the event of a claim. I switched to Progressive, as they had much better reviews and are a bit less expensive. True to form, National General only “pro-rated” 80% of my money back, despite only having the policy for 24 days. Just another way to confirm that this is not the sort of company I want to do business with. Buyer beware! Thought I would share my experience, so that other can avoid the mistake I made. It may have cost me $100 by their unfair refund, but at least I won’t have to deal with such an unethical company in the event of a claim.
Capnkev is offline   Reply With Quote