Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2020, 11:09 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Need Battery Box Slide Information, Roadtrek 210

The battery box slides have failed on my 2006 Roadtrek 210P. Does anyone have specific information for the slides: brand and part number. Also source of where to buy.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:04 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Wow, sorry to hear that.

I don't have a replacement for you other than find heavy duty slides in the approximate length.

Just curious. Did the slide mechanism fail (dirt/corrosion/rust) or did they detach due to battery weight?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:17 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Wow, sorry to hear that.

I don't have a replacement for you other than find heavy duty slides in the approximate length.

Just curious. Did the slide mechanism fail (dirt/corrosion/rust) or did they detach due to battery weight?
Not sure what has failed. I have kept the slides lubricated 2-3x each year. The drawer would not open. I first thought it was the latching mechanism, but is was not.

I used a heavy duty, wide, thin-blade chisel to pry under the drawer. Prying up just a little bit, ~1/8-inch, enables the drawer to open.

I posted on the Chevy facebook forum and got a reply from someone that had replaced their failed slides.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/252621115223541/

These are the slides recommended. I will need to measure mine, but that won't be for a while now. I am presently in Florida and waiting for the roads to clear before heading home.

https://www.cabinetparts.com/p/accur...DxeBnILnxZ5pBs
Old 03-22-2020, 03:32 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I don't do Facebook, but I'm glad you found help there. Good to have multiple sources.

Let us know how your journey home goes. Lots of information (and mis-information) out there for travelers.

Be safe.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:17 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Here is a good source if you need to try to find replacement slides.

https://www.mcmaster.com/drawer-slides
DaveBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:30 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I had mine replaced with stock drawer, (All new) 08 Chevy PleasureWay Lexor TS. After spending the money, I think it was in the $500 plus range, I regretted doing it. I needed to replace the battery, and it could have been lifted out and replaced with the same maintenance battery. Point is, if you don't need to add, there is no need to slide it out except to replace it. Maybe once every 3-5 years. All JMHO BTW, I do just about everything myself, but after 2 cans of Blaster and a crow bar, I gave up. RV Tech htat got it out, had one hell of a time doing it.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:07 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTom View Post
I had mine replaced with stock drawer, (All new) 08 Chevy PleasureWay Lexor TS. After spending the money, I think it was in the $500 plus range, I regretted doing it. I needed to replace the battery, and it could have been lifted out and replaced with the same maintenance battery. Point is, if you don't need to add, there is no need to slide it out except to replace it. Maybe once every 3-5 years. All JMHO BTW, I do just about everything myself, but after 2 cans of Blaster and a crow bar, I gave up. RV Tech htat got it out, had one hell of a time doing it.
I have lead acid batteries so I need the slide out.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:17 PM   #8

Like someone else; I spent blaster and leverage to get battery out. Then I cleaned out all the junk rust and just leave it as a slide in and out instead of rollers. The site is vulnerable to road salt and water excessively. Nothing will last, so forget and just use what is left to hold in place.
post87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:45 PM   #9
Gold Member

Attached is the file from the previously referenced FB site. It's a PDF I created when I disassembled my box, sanded, painted, etc., and installed new glides. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2008 210P Battery Box Repair.pdf (1,005.8 KB, 36 views)
bwatters60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:51 PM   #10
Platinum Member

I just took the battery slide/tray out of my 2008 Great West Van last week. It needed to be cleaned up and painted. I've wire brushed it down and treated it with a rust converter today. I will paint it in a few days. I masked over the slides. I agree the slides take a beating with exposure to road spray and dirt but I only use the slides twice a year. I take the batteries out in the fall and put them back in the spring.

The photo is prior to treating it with rust converter.

This is the brand that is in my van. You may find one that works for you.

https://www.delcity.net/store/Standa...SABEgJVZ_D_BwE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0527.jpg (542.3 KB, 10 views)
DaveBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:00 AM   #11
Platinum Member

I'm not sure how old your battery or batteries are, but once you find out what a nightmare this can turn into, you may want to go with the maintenance free. As an added plus, they hold the charge much better than my maintenance flooded battery. All JMHO and what I went through. Mine were really bad, unfortunately that's how it came to me used.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote