Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2022, 10:32 PM   #1

Default Need small window on 2005 pleasure-way excel

Hi, I am looking for the small front left side window for my 2995 Pleasure-way excel.
It's the little one in the top front of the roof. I found one through my local dealer but the price is out of site. $570 for the window and $300 for shipping.
Wow!
Does anyone know of a source for this window?? It probably would have to be the frame and window togather
Kingfish.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 01:17 AM   #2
Platinum Member

this is probably flat glass- flat glass is the easiest to manufacture and work with and the cheapest

contact a local auto glass shop- they can use your other window for an exact mirror-image template

in your shoes I would buy a sheet of acrylic* at home depot and use a rotozip, dremel or jigsaw to cut to size
I'd guess $50 and an hour

mounting into the rubber seal is easy using grease and string ( see youtube)

if the rubber seal needs replaced check steele rubber products, they have all shape/profiles of window seal, weather stripping etc

Mike

* considering my PW windows are always covered, I might consider something tinted or opaque

https://www.homedepot.com/p/OPTIX-18...C-21/202038050
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 12:33 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Had to go to local glass shop today

presented with this "problem", they would cut glass to size and then have it tempered

they were telling me that Phoenix has 3 businesses which temper glass, and most other cities will have at least 1

they are kept in business by commercial and shop windows which require tempered glass ( by code)

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote