Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2021, 09:17 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Needed: Competent service center for RoadTrek RVs near Denver

I own a 2019 Roadtrek CS/XL Adventurous. I purchased it from Transwest Truck Trail RV of Frederick, Colorado. Since purchasing in early 2019, I have had several bad experiences with their service department. They are obnoxious, unhelpful, uninformative and extremely expensive. I WILL NOT work with them again, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
I have looked at RoadTrek's current website (6/28/2021) to see who they recommend for servicing their products, and all are located several hundred miles away from where I am in the Denver area (Albuquerque being the closest). I called RoadTrek, and they tell me that their current list of recommended service centers is posted on their web site (and they wouldn't tell me anything else). Notably, Transwest of Frederick is not among those they recommend. I wonder if anyone can recommend a competent, communicative and fairly reasonable service organization (not necessarily a dealer) for RoadTrek RVs within 100 miles of Denver? Any help you can provide would be most welcome. Thanks!
S&S THOMAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:55 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You dreamer! The problem is in the phrase competent rv service center. It doesn’t exist.

You have to learn to do it yourself. Members here will help.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:40 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I'd try to separate the "rv stuff" from the van stuff

and find a competent service facility for the concern

If it's a mechanical van issue, just let the shop know in advance that it is X high and Y weight

they may look at the alternator or other added features with interest, but the rest of the chassis should be familiar

many of the "rv" components are common to multimakes

Pleasure Way lists Van City RV in Co Springs as a dealer- no experience you could shoot them a call

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:05 PM   #4
Bronze Member

mkguitar, thanks for the wisdom. I do consider the van maintenance separate from the RV stuff, as you suggest. I don't use Transwest for Mercedes-related maint/repairs, but they are the only local outfit that seems to be willing/able to work on the hydronic heating system (ESPAR), which I am currently having another issue with.
I appreciate the suggestion for Van City RV in CO Spgs. I will check them out.

many thanks, Steve
S&S THOMAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #5
Platinum Member

We have had good luck with La Mesa in Albuquerque. I think on the current environment finding qualified repair staff is hard and the large chains are going to be a safer bet. Smaller places may have to hire anyone who knows which end of a wrench to use and they have no ability to provide training, oversight or support so you end up with someone doing their best (or not).
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:21 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Have you looked at/for* mobile RV repair people.????
My experience to date is weather *mobile or a shop be prepared to pay $$$$$$
One of the*problems* with*shops*is they*usually want the*vehicle*of the day.*This can cause a*back*and forth* transportation*problem.I try to do as much as possible*myself,even if I would rather not, especially* troubleshooting*.As you may have gathered RV's have problems ,small and big. I always try to think of my*RV like driving*a house down the road ,it does not like all that rattling around*. And* some / maybe all* RV manufacturers*build to a price. Meaning not all of the equipment is top notch,even if you paid top dollar.We try to just roll with the punches.I hope you get things straightened*out* and enjoy your Van,Michael
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 03:39 AM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Brach

I’ve had good luck with B&B RV over on E. 40th Street in Denver. They also provide storage, which we found quite helpful since they are right on the RTD line to the airport. Not sure Erica is still there in service, but she’s the one I’d start with.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:08 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I got great service at the Mercedes Benz dealer on my Sprinter in Littleton, CO. I had a hose on my power steering come off and I struggled on the Interstate driving out of Albuquerque to get to the closest Mercedes Benz service center. I pulled in on a Sunday night in there lot and parked inconspicuously amongst other Sprinters and in the morning I was there at their service center opening unannounced without an appointment. They repaired the hose and steam cleaned the engine, washed the van, served us coffee and pastries and we were out of there at 10 AM. No charge but we drove about 50 miles over the 36,000 mile warranty (but under 3 years) to get there but they honored it. Of course, I’ve gotten emails almost daily ever since offering service or deals on vehicles at my home in Minnesota.

I’ve never gone to an RV dealer for chassis and engine service. Everything else put in by an RV upfitter can be handled by any competent RV service center such as air conditioners, appliances, generators, propane tank regulators, macerators, etc. especially if they are out of warranty from your original purchase but much of the stuff under warranty can be dealt with because the supplier warrants it, not the RV dealer you bought it from.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:12 AM   #9

have had 2 roadtreks, che vy 05 210 p and now a chevy 190 p o7 c 4wd. have never been to a RV dealer and dont intend to . found a truck garage that services big chevy 3500 express vans and ambulances for engine/ mechanical work. found a couple shade tree mechanics to work on rv components like propane heater and hot water tank. found a cummins onan truck stop to do routine maintenance on my generator. got copies of the manuals on all the accessories like dometic frig, microwave, kool kat aircon and heat pump, and try to understand and ix the susyems myself before tking the rt anywhere. check out roadtrek board on io, and join the r t group on facebook. other owners have lots of good suggestions..
CareyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:50 AM   #10

2018 CS/XL bought new from Transwest-Frederick in early 2018. Quick and responsive service up until Roadtrek (Hymer version) went belly up the first of 2019. Ain't like it used to be and I feel your pain. But put up with grief because I have not found another alternative in the Weld/Larimer County area (and I've tried). For coach issues, not the MB issues.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote