Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Re: New 2015 Pleasure-Way Lexor on Ram ProMaster

looks great-now that floor plan much better than the Travato. the famous pleasure way bathroom also. I have to admit pleasure way does a great bathroom I also like the refrigerator placement(it is 3 way though). microwave-not so much

I really like this-if it had electric fridge and Roadtreks engine generator i would go for this.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #22
Platinum Member

They haven't put the details on their website yet. Curious to see if they had to do crazy things with the waste tanks and water tank, water heater, etc. that Winnebago did with the Travato.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #23
Platinum Member

I think if they can get permission from the unitized body gods, the manufacturers will be able to address the roof air issue. There are already several small travel trailer brands that are using Coolcats or other units of that style as floor mounts. Some use a single vent like Roadtrek, and others use the inlet on one wall and exhaust on another. The two wall way would allow much smaller cuts in the body.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
They haven't put the details on their website yet. Curious to see if they had to do crazy things with the waste tanks and water tank, water heater, etc. that Winnebago did with the Travato.
Watch the video again - looks like a tankless water heater - the control for it is on the front face of the kitchen cabinet. Also notice there appears to be a huge locker forward of the bathroom. I suspect that there is a large cavity at the bottom where there is a water tank. With the bath on side across from the kitchen, I'd bet the gray and black tanks are both forward of the axle.

The refrigerator is high too with a large space underneath it - so something could be there too.

My guess is water is 25 gallons, grey is 20-23 gallons and black is the standard 10-11 gallons.

Generator is probably in the same place - rear of the axle.

So where would the propane tank be, and how big? Where would the gravity discharge, or macerator pump out location be?
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
Quote:
Watch the video again - looks like a tankless water heater - the control for it is on the front face of the kitchen cabinet. Also notice there appears to be a huge locker forward of the bathroom. I suspect that there is a large cavity at the bottom where there is a water tank. With the bath on side across from the kitchen, I'd bet the gray and black tanks are both forward of the axle.

The refrigerator is high too with a large space underneath it - so something could be there too.

My guess is water is 25 gallons, grey is 20-23 gallons and black is the standard 10-11 gallons.

So where would the propane tank be, and how big? Where would the gravity discharge, or macerator pump out location be?
pleasure way does not currently use macerators. i don't know if they ever did
Old 09-05-2014, 10:48 PM   #26
Platinum Member

I missed the video link wincrasher posted - just saw it now. Nice find

repost:
[youtube:3b1nb91d]YOhwUjeOTlc[/youtube:3b1nb91d]

Looks like the water heater is propane and is located under the fridge - you can see the upper and lower fridge venting and water heater door on the outside of the van. The switch on the kitchen cabinet looks like a battery disconnect switch.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Quote:
Quote:

pleasure way does not currently use macerators. i don't know if they ever did
I suspect no different with the Promaster Lexor because in the video in great detail for the Plateau FL they gave an explanation for the grey and black dump and gravity being reliable. With that I cannot see them reversing themselves philosophically or they would have glossed over that or played it down. The plan layout is very much traditional for what they've been doing for years. They had solid designs for under the floor and behind the cabinets and the fact they are sticking to the 3-way frig indicates those design features are not going to be different than what they have been doing. So Gerry they aren't going to give you what you desire (and me). They will give you a solid RV well thought out and well designed. This document crossed my email this morning about their cabinetry. Can Roadtrek match it? I know Winnebago can't. Great West Van is equal and I think Advanced RV may be superior.

Pleasure-way: It's in the Details
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:29 PM   #28
Platinum Member

I may go to Hershey next week to check out this van. Very interested in looking under it.

Personally, I don't really care much about the cabinetry. All that fine joinery on some vans adds a lot of weight. I'd rather see the aluminum framed cabinetry you are starting to see on some RV's (like that Safari I posted, or the Winnebago Brave) and going back to the sliding doors. Lightweight, strong and capacious with cost savings to boot.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
I may go to Hershey next week to check out this van. Very interested in looking under it.

Personally, I don't really care much about the cabinetry. All that fine joinery on some vans adds a lot of weight. I'd rather see the aluminum framed cabinetry you are starting to see on some RV's (like that Safari I posted, or the Winnebago Brave) and going back to the sliding doors. Lightweight, strong and capacious with cost savings to boot.

wincrasher-i've looked at Safari condo in past. you cannot buy one and bring to usa. you have to buy the van here then bring it to them-sort of like a sportsmobile conversion.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:39 AM   #30
Platinum Member

I know you can bring in the Safari Condo trailers now, and I think they have the vans available for export also. Have to check the website.

The Safari cabinetry is certainly not cheap. It is made of modern products with the goal to be very light and strong, which it is. It probably costs as much or more than solid wood doors and such, but probably weighs a third or less.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:44 AM   #31
Platinum Member

Just looked, the vans can be sold to the US.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
that is new -thanks for the info-but where on the site does it say that-i just see the trailers as ok in US

Booster- i looked again - 'Conversions sold in USA directly from the factory" means you have to buy a van in USA and bring it to them to convert.thats what i said
Old 09-06-2014, 01:20 AM   #33
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
that is new -thanks for the info-but where on the site does it say that-i just see the trailers as ok in US

Booster- i looked again - 'Conversions sold in USA directly from the factory" means you have to buy a van in USA and bring it to them to convert.thats what i said
Nope, that's not what it means. It means that they want you to buy one direct from the factory rather than through a dealer, so they can handle the export stuff. They say the same thing for the trailers, but a dealer in London Ontario quoted us one to the US, and said it is not an issue even if the site says that. The dealer said the vans were the same way, but I would check with the factory to be certain.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:26 AM   #34
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nope, that's not what it means. It means that they want you to buy one direct from the factory rather than through a dealer, so they can handle the export stuff. They say the same thing for the trailers, but a dealer in London Ontario quoted us one to the US, and said it is not an issue even if the site says that. The dealer said the vans were the same way, but I would check with the factory to be certain.

all i can say is i did deal with them about 5 years ago direct from the factory-i dealt with the owners daughter( I can't remember her name) she is the second in command.she thought they could do it and consulted her father. He said no-that i would have to buy van in USA and bring it to them for conversion.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:52 AM   #35
Platinum Member

Our contact with them was last summer, after they posted on their website that they could now export to the USA. You may want to check again. I know for sure the trailers can come here, as we nearly bought one, but then they jacked the price on us.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:10 AM   #36
Platinum Member

Quote:
Our contact with them was last summer, after they posted on their website that they could now export to the USA. You may want to check again. I know for sure the trailers can come here, as we nearly bought one, but then they jacked the price on us.

i still want that roadtrek engine generator-i'll stick with that. i'm like a cat-you swing a new shiny object in front of me and i go for that-after i calm down i keep going back to the roadtrek-what can i say-i'm fickle.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:15 AM   #37
Platinum Member

Sensible floor plan--typically PW. Looks like a nice big fridge/freezer.Size? Much like my PW Plateau but I like galley with big window, fridge and shorter length. Might work for us. WIfe is fussy and wants rear bathroom. Me, not so much. Will sell well if price stay around 85-90K$. Over that then other options come up.

Al
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #38
Platinum Member

More info on the Pleasure-Way 2015 Promaster Lexor TS

Standard Interior Features
Ultraleather™ fabric
Probeless holding tank sensors
Power sofa WITH MEMORY FOAM
KING size bed 76”long x 73”wide
Dimmable LED lighting
Custom milled solid maple doors
Multiplex wiring
45 amp power converter with Charge Wizard
Soft touch vinyl ceiling
Blum cabinet hinges with Graber latches
16,000 BTU FURNACE
Tankless water heater
LP, CO & smoke detectors
Coach battery disconnect
Dual Coach Batteries
11,000 BTU roof air conditioner

Standard Exterior Features
95 Watt Solar Panel
LP BBQ tee
2.8 gas generator
13 foot power awning
120V duplex outlet
LED porch light

Standard Cab Features
Rear View Camera
In-dash touchscreen navigation
Media Input Hub - UCONNECT 5.0 -/AM/FM/CD/BT (more on Uconnect http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/uconnect/ )
Dash air conditioning
Cruise control
Power windows
Power locks

Standard Kitchen Features
Full extension ball bearing drawer guides
Baltic birch drawer boxes
Single lever faucet
Flush mount two burner stove with glass cover
5 cu foot 3 way fridge
Convection microwave
Corian® kitchen counter top
Stainless steel sink with Corian® cover

Standard Bathroom Features
Wet Bath Shower
Stainless steel sink
Thetford china toilet bowl
Medicine cabinet
Corian® vanity and backsplash

Entertainment Features
24” LED LCD TV & Blu-Ray player

Weights and Measurements
Bumper to bumper: 20 feet, 11 inches
Exterior height to top of A/C: 9 feet, 3 ˝ inches
exterior width incl mirrors ext 8 feet, 2 ˝ inches
Interior standing height: 6 feet, 3 inches
Fresh water 29 US gallons/ 109.8 litres
Grey water 22 US gallons/ 83.3 litres
Black water 12 US gallons/ 45.4 litres
LP gas at 80%, 5.9 US gallons/ 24.8 lbs/ 22.3 litres

Chassis Specifications
9350 lbs GVWR
159 inch wheelbase
3.6 litre Pentastar V-6 FWD
6 speed transmission
Tires LT 225/75R/16C
24 US gallon/ 90 litre fuel tank
Towing capacity: 2000 lbs/907.2 kg
Power folding heated mirrors
Hitch and wiring
Remote keyless entry

Dodge Warranty
3 Year 36,000 Mile Basic Limited Warranty
5 Year 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty
5 Year 100,000 Mile Roadside Assistance

Pleasure-way warranty
5 year 60,000 mile 100,000 km limited warranty

http://www.pleasureway.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015 Promaster Lexor TS.jpg (131.3 KB, 1663 views)
File Type: jpg 2015 Promaster Lexor TS 1.jpg (74.7 KB, 1663 views)
File Type: jpg 2015 Promaster Lexor TS 2.jpg (46.0 KB, 1665 views)
File Type: jpg 2015 Promaster Lexor TS 3.jpg (54.3 KB, 1663 views)
File Type: jpg 2015 Promaster Lexor TS 4.jpg (79.9 KB, 1663 views)
File Type: jpg 2015 Promaster Lexor TS 5.jpg (36.1 KB, 1663 views)
File Type: jpg 2015 Promaster Lexor TS 6.jpg (68.0 KB, 1664 views)
Old 09-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #39
Platinum Member

delete
Old 09-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #40
Platinum Member

I think it has a good balance of system components. My guess is that it would give you maybe 4 days dry camping before you need to roll to empty the tanks and get fresh water. I don't see the propane fridge being a problem assuming these new designs are more efficient than the older stuff.

You'd most likely need more batteries for dry camping with a compressor fridge and battery life is measured in cycles so the more you use the batteries the more often they'll need to be replaced.

Water heater looks to me to be propane.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tankless.JPG (87.7 KB, 1610 views)