Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2022, 09:48 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default New Beyond

Ordered in Oct, finally came off the assembly line last week. This will be B#5, 2 Sprinters & 2 Promasters, gotta try them all.
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:52 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
Ordered in Oct, finally came off the assembly line last week. This will be B#5, 2 Sprinters & 2 Promasters, gotta try them all.
Congrats! You simply must post a general comparision of chassis performance, ride, and handling once you have some miles on your new b.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 01:18 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

One thing, the Transit is worlds above the other 2 in power and transmission operation.
However the Promaster is now getting the ZF designed 9 spd trans as of '22 models
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #4
Silver Member

Delivery on 3/10 ������������
Old 03-01-2022, 05:44 PM   #5
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay View Post
One thing, the Transit is worlds above the other 2 in power and transmission operation.
However the Promaster is now getting the ZF designed 9 spd trans as of '22 models
The Promaster seemed to me to be a little underpowered, esp when pulling out in traffic. In the same circumstances - pulling out crossing traffic - esp if you you are pulling out from a slightly uphill shoulder on gravel, you’d better make sure you have a good break in traffic.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:11 PM   #6
Silver Member

We got the Beyond, a little late, but got it. Really a impressive chassis, plenty of power, quiet and smooth riding. A little disappointed in the conversion, not totally unexpected, it’s a RV. We didn’t get the Li model, after my very expensive Travato experience that wasn’t happening again. Really like the Truma Combi, this is our 3rd such and have had no problems with any of them. What we consider to be the best of the best on the van is the AC unit. After begging and pleading, and a few discussions about my experience with RV AC units I got them to install one of their first Truma Aventa unit. This is THE AC for RV's, I don’t believe I will ever buy anything else, quiet and powerful enough for Houston weather. Not available yet as aftermarket item, but if it’s a order option, go for it!
Old 05-19-2022, 12:54 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
Really like the Truma Combi, this is our 3rd such and have had no problems with any of them.
I'm also a fan of the Combi. Ours had an issue with a solder joint on the circuit board, which Truma fixed under warranty. They hinted that the ground wire installed by Coachman was not properly secured & caused vibration and joint failure. Other than that, it's been perfect.

Good luck with the new van.
Old 05-21-2022, 04:05 PM   #8
Silver Member

Thanks & nice blog.