Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2019, 12:01 AM   #1

Default New Member - Confused

I recently bought a Roadtrek Versatile on the Dodge 1991 chassis (I believe it is the 190 but I'm not a 100% sure). My problem is trying to locate any schematics for the wiring and/or plumbing systems.

Of course, 'New' Roadtrek don't have any information from that era so I am putting this out in the forum to see if anyone has any wiring diagrams or plumbing diagrams or even links to them.

I've spent hours crawling underneath the van tracing the wires that I can see, but short of stripping it down I can't really do anything else to construct the diagrams of the wiring/plumbing systems. I've got the wiring diagrams for the base Dodge B250 from a manual. It's the 'house' stuff I really need. The original Roadtrek 'manual' supplied with the van is virtually useless.

Also, as winter approaches does anyone have any links to winterizing this van? There is some pink liquid coming out of the sink faucet which I assume is antifreeze. Is that the easiest way to go rather than draining the system? And how do I remove the cap on the gray/black water waste pipe to drain it? It seems to be stuck tight
Dodge 190 Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:38 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge 190 Versatile View Post
I recently bought a Roadtrek Versatile on the Dodge 1991 chassis (I believe it is the 190 but I'm not a 100% sure). My problem is trying to locate any schematics for the wiring and/or plumbing systems.

Of course, 'New' Roadtrek don't have any information from that era so I am putting this out in the forum to see if anyone has any wiring diagrams or plumbing diagrams or even links to them.

I've spent hours crawling underneath the van tracing the wires that I can see, but short of stripping it down I can't really do anything else to construct the diagrams of the wiring/plumbing systems. I've got the wiring diagrams for the base Dodge B250 from a manual. It's the 'house' stuff I really need. The original Roadtrek 'manual' supplied with the van is virtually useless.

Also, as winter approaches does anyone have any links to winterizing this van? There is some pink liquid coming out of the sink faucet which I assume is antifreeze. Is that the easiest way to go rather than draining the system? And how do I remove the cap on the gray/black water waste pipe to drain it? It seems to be stuck tight

I can send you a pdf of a 2001 Roadtrek manual, which will perhaps give you a flavor of how they did things 10 years later, and on a different chassis (Chevy Express van). I think that is the earliest that they had any diagrams, at least the earliest that I have (don't have 1999 & 2000). Another possible source is Lynn Bruckner's (?spelling) website; she and her husband have a 1995, and have posted a lot of information, but not sure that they posted diagrams. Their website is Red Rover Main Page

E-mail or PM me your e-mail address if you want me to send the 2001 manual.

Welcome & good luck, Dick
dicktill is offline   Reply With Quote