Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 12:33 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default New member with Question about Coachmen

OK, something I'm not clear about here with the Class B, 2018-2019 Coachmen Galleria 24FL with Li3. Now it's clear there is NO GENERATOR. But my question is you have stopped for the night and you need to dry camp. Then back on the road, or maybe you stay for a few more days longer. It is HOT and very humid outside, so A/C is a MUST. What do you do with NO generator to run the Air Conditioner, all night long? As you have stopped driving for the day and parked at 8: PM and now parked for the night. SUN down at 8:15 PM and you want to hit the road at 7: AM SUN UP at 7:30 AM.

I am new to this Li3 system and like what I have been reading and learning. Can someone help me to understand what do-you-do, if you have "NO GENERATOR" to keep the A/C running through the night?
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:08 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Run a fan, or buy a generator.

An alternative might be to run the van and use the chassis AC to cool it down and then shut down for the night.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:33 AM   #3

Here is a link to some of your questions
About Xantrex -- News Releases > Coachmen RV partners with Xantrex to offer the most advanced Lithium Ion Power System in its Galleria Class B motorhomes
mp33golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
Run a fan, or buy a generator.

An alternative might be to run the van and use the chassis AC to cool it down and then shut down for the night.
Thanks for your reply, however you seem to be unaware of the new RV Li3, XantreX system as it related to having, NO GENERATOR or having to use your RV Engine A/C by keeping the vehicle running all night. This is NEW to the RVing world. I would suggest you may way to review MP33golf Posted links. As for myself, this has answered my questions. The Li3 RV by Coachmen I have learned will keep things powered up for 8-hours. a one to two-hour engine running will fully charge the battery Lithium-ion for another 8-hours, a 30-AMP will charge up in 1-hour and 5-sec. Bt this I have been wanting to learn and know about this new Lithium-ion, Military grade battery. But thanks for your reply. But hey I'm still learning about this new charging system.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Thanks so much for your feedback as I have found the links to be most informative in understand way a GENERATOR is no longer needed to run to keep the A/C and other power needs during the night. This new system is so very cool and did download about all of the handouts, PDF's to pt into a notebook format should anyone ask me after I have a Galleria 24FL Li3 setting in my driveway. I am so looking forward to learning more thanks.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Thanks so much for your feedback as I have found the links to be most informative in understand way a GENERATOR is no longer needed to run to keep the A/C and other power needs during the night. This new system is so very cool and did download about all of the handouts, PDF's to pt into a notebook format should anyone ask me after I have a Galleria 24FL Li3 setting in my driveway. I am so looking forward to learning more thanks.
The FL floor plan provides a Nova Kool dual compressor refrigerator which is top of the line.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, battery charging, camping, coachmen crossfit, galleria