Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #21
Platinum Member

That is pretty slick, and a lot easier than doing it like we have done twice now, filling the tanks with a 1 gallon jug repeatedly. We were making a chart of gallons vs monitor reading, first for the old light system and then again for the Seelevel.

Roadtrek had another tank "error" also, IIRC. Black tank on the Zion, maybe?

They also have been doing the fresh water "capacity", instead of tank size, and including the water heater volume in the spec to make it look like you have more usable water, which you don't.

They seem to have an awful lot of "errors" in their literature that always seem to be in their favor.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #22
Platinum Member

I just don't understand why an otherwise "good" brand has to resort to such subterfuge.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:23 AM   #23
Platinum Member

I think it is just that they have so many different units, and change things so often... combined with the fact that they don't have one individual in charge of making sure that all literature and the website match today's version. I really don't think that it is "subterfuge" only because for most buyers these things don't really affect the buying decision.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:39 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
I think it is just that they have so many different units, and change things so often... combined with the fact that they don't have one individual in charge of making sure that all literature and the website match today's version. I really don't think that it is "subterfuge" only because for most buyers these things don't really affect the buying decision.
I think you are more trusting than I am, I guess. There has been just too much of it to be oversight IMO, and it is always to their favor.

Remember the 1600ah of battery in the etrek, that was at 6v, which is not used in the etrek. It is 800ah at the 12v folks expect to see rated in and RV. Or the "400amp battery" in the Zion, implying 400ah, when it is really a 185ah battery. No one knew that until someone looked it up on the battery manufacturers website. Or the 9 hours of air conditioning and recharge in 45 minutes.

I really like Roadtreks, we have one, but there is no reason to be so misleading. Their products are good enough to stand on their own, so they should be accurately represented, and allowed to stand on their merits, again IMO.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:11 PM   #25
Silver Member

The listed OCCC of a puny 1250 turned out to not be in their favor - all Zions I have seen or heard of show 1595 on the pillar https://goo.gl/photos/UA8BQFeuF9a1Y1ED6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rectalogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:21 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Mine was 1595 as you said. i have no idea how they came up with 1250
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Is it not on their spec page on the website?
Old 07-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Is it not on their spec page on the website?
sorry you misunderstood me. yes it says 1250 on their specs page. i was referring to how i did not know how that number came up.

mines says 1595
Old 07-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Well, if you follow the discussion on Facebook, all their spec pages are rife with errors. Maybe all this isn't ill intent, but just some plain old incompetence.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
sorry you misunderstood me. yes it says 1250 on their specs page. i was referring to how i did not know how that number came up.mines says 1595
IIRC, don't the US and Canada require the weight and load capacities to include different things like options, etc? Easy confusion?
Old 07-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #31
Platinum Member

When I started the process of deciding between the 170 and 190, I was looking at the battery option. The 190 comes standard with 2 6v agms and the 170 with 1 12v agm. The battery option listed on the website and on their sales order sheets said that the battery option added 2 6 v batteries for both. I called the factory and questioned it since I told them I was of the impression that the batteries had to match. They came back and said that I was right and their website and sales sheet were wrong. The option for the 170 added one 12v which brought it up to 2-12 v agms. The website is partially corrected (they removed the '6 v'), but it is still incorrect as it suggests that you will have 3-12v... and they informed me that 2-12 v is now standard.

What amazed me was why didn't one of their dealers catch that obvious detail on the order sheet? Why did it take a customer asking this obvious question? Of course the "build your own" on the website is full of mistakes anyway on the calculation of the options. But still I don't think it is ill-intent, it is just low priority and no one is assigned to keep it accurate.

For instance, they have Onstar as an option - also on their sales sheet. But, it isn't an option at all because you have to buy it. No choice... and they list the price as $1925 for an option that the Chevy website lists as $900 MSRP. They probably get it for nothing from Chevy with their fleet purchase.

What was the topic of this thread again?
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 07-27-2015, 01:57 AM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
When I started the process of deciding between the 170 and 190, I was looking at the battery option. The 190 comes standard with 2 6v agms and the 170 with 1 12v agm. The battery option listed on the website and on their sales order sheets said that the battery option added 2 6 v batteries for both. I called the factory and questioned it since I told them I was of the impression that the batteries had to match. They came back and said that I was right and their website and sales sheet were wrong. The option for the 170 added one 12v which brought it up to 2-12 v agms. The website is partially corrected (they removed the '6 v'), but it is still incorrect as it suggests that you will have 3-12v... and they informed me that 2-12 v is now standard.

What amazed me was why didn't one of their dealers catch that obvious detail on the order sheet? Why did it take a customer asking this obvious question? Of course the "build your own" on the website is full of mistakes anyway on the calculation of the options. But still I don't think it is ill-intent, it is just low priority and no one is assigned to keep it accurate.

For instance, they have Onstar as an option - also on their sales sheet. But, it isn't an option at all because you have to buy it. No choice... and they list the price as $1925 for an option that the Chevy website lists as $900 MSRP. They probably get it for nothing from Chevy with their fleet purchase.

What was the topic of this thread again?

is a dealership going to install your voltrek(voltstart)
Old 07-27-2015, 02:45 AM   #33
Platinum Member

It's on the order, so that is the plan. I haven't heard anything yet whether they have it ready to put on the Chevy yet. JimH said in about a month... putting it in early August as I recall.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #34

Hi XRoadtrek,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Our RT TS has been in the shop for a month now after our initial shakedown trip, with no solutions in sight still apparently. The dealer is busy, the RT warranty department is busy, blah blah blah. Meanwhile it's beautiful RV weather down here in Texas and our new $140,000 RT sets. Please contact me at Fr8rcap@gmail.com. I would like to hear what the deficiencies were in your rig compared to mine (primarily Coach-Connect, ALDE heater, and cabinetry). Unfortunately I'm having to start looking at the various consumer rights laws and start thinking about whether to go down that route for any customer satisfaction. Multiple calls and emails to RT in Ontario have still gone unanswered.
Fr8rcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #35
Platinum Member

That's really too bad, and I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

It does seem that the more serious the problem, the further down the list for a fix you go with Roadtrek. No calls back with updates or timetables is, IMO, totally inexcusable for any company selling an expensive, premium touted, product. I think Jim H needs to get on the phone with the unhappy folks instead of bragging how great and wonderful Roadtrek is to anyone who will listen.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #36
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8rcapt View Post
Hi XRoadtrek,
..... Please contact me at Fr8rcap@gmail.com. I would like to hear what the deficiencies were in your rig compared to mine ....
...or share here. There are others reading I'm sure who would love to hear about positives and negatives of any rig...
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:44 AM   #37
Bronze Member

Fr8tcapt,
Why don't you go pick up your unit and take a nice vacation to Canada to visit roadtrek?
It might be faster and better repaired that way. I'd be thinking of camping on their doorstep before the weather turns nasty. Then, again, we are retired and have the time to do such things. Hope things improve for you. It is frustrating not being able to enjoy your purchase.
pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:02 AM   #38

An interesting concept that I have thought about. Then again, the idea that I have to spend a couple of weeks driving up there in order for anyone to respect me as a customer turns me off as well. Don't quite know where I'm headed from here. I DO know I'll never buy Roadtrek again. They may have some great models -- they may very well provide the best customer service of any other Canadian company. Unfortunately it appears that I bought the wrong one at the wrong time and, so far anyway, they appear to have adopted the attitude that I am wrong and they are right. I not used to spending this much money and being treated so disrespectfully.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #39

Default Alde heater

Hi, This is a question on using the Alde heater. Just purchased our first RV, 2015 RT CS with this heating system. We pick it up next Saturday from the dealer and since the CS is winterized can you use the heater with the fresh water tanks empty?
mark112955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #40

Hello XRoadtrek. I'm actually considering hiring an attorney and requiring that the dealer or RT repurchase my unit, it's that bad. So it would be very helpful hearing what you have to say. Please write me at Fr8rcapt@msn.com with all the bugs you encountered. I took mine in for 40 different maintenance requirements and the dealer was only able to address about 10 of them. RT's answer? We'll send a truck down and bring your RV all the way from Texas up to Ontario to fix it. All of the E-Trek features are actually working very nicely. It's the Coach-Connect and the interior that's been installed that can't seem to take normally road vibration.