Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2022, 07:24 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default no coach power for AC,furnace,frieg & 120V AC outlets

05 pleasureway Lexor RD chevy 3500 no coach power for AC,furnace,frieg & 120V AC outlets at galley,bathroom & near sofa under TV.
even w/ the generator on & house battery turned on no power to coach.

the rear sofa, TV & front closets light all work.control panel is getting
electricy.edit:TV & sofa will work reguardless of generator on or off. today I observed the closet light for first time that w/ generator on.

I have generator running, circuit breakers on (I think right position is on & left is off) & good fuses at fuse box in front of lower sofa.

to start generator the house battery must be turned on is the house battery turned off after generator starts?

please advice it's cold and I want to test out the heater on the roof AC. I've read it will provide heat if outside is above 40 degrees above Farrinhieght below 40F thermostat turns on furnance must heat van.
since my AC has heat opt. printed on it doe's this mean I have the optionale heat pump and AC? bc I also see duo thremo
thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heat pump2.jpg (159.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg heat pump1.jpg (132.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-21-2022, 07:44 PM   #2
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBRAIN View Post
05 pleasureway Lexor RD chevy 3500 no coach power for AC,furnace,frieg & 120V AC outlets at galley,bathroom & near sofa under TV.
even w/ the generator on & house battery turned on no power to coach.

the rear sofa, TV & front closets light all work.control panel is getting
electricy.edit:TV & sofa will work reguardless of generator on or off. today I observed the closet light for first time that w/ generator on.

I have generator running, circuit breakers on (I think right position is on & left is off) & good fuses at fuse box in front of lower sofa.

to start generator the house battery must be turned on is the house battery turned off after generator starts?

please advice it's cold and I want to test out the heater on the roof AC. I've read it will provide heat if outside is above 40 degrees above Farrinhieght below 40F thermostat turns on furnance must heat van.
thanks
Wish I could help, but I'm wondering why you would want to:

"please advice it's cold and I want to test out the heater on the roof AC"

Is there an application for a heat pump in a B?
Bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:02 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post

Is there an application for a heat pump in a B?
yes
there an application for a heat pump in a B
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heat pump2.jpg (159.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-24-2022, 10:16 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Update on progress:
1.I managed to remove the fuse box cover initially I thought it wasn’t made to come apart & testing would be done from behind. measured Voltage w/ generator on erroneous readings no 120VAC on breakers or 12VDC on fuses.
2.I have brand new shore power cords which I connected to coach 1st then to household
Outlet. Result 124VAC on all breakers from neutral bus bar to breakers lugs & from negative green& bare wire bus bar to lugs to each fuse 13.4VDC.

Additionally the air conditioner powered up so did microwave oven however no joy w/
Furnace still can’t hear blower origniter.

When I installed a replacement house battery a deep cycle group 27 (my boats start battery vessel has’nt been unused for now 3 years bc of lockdown) it mearsured 12.9VDC I have a 18VDC solar trickle charger on it year round.

Edit: didn’t check frieg powering up.

Edit: when on shore power w/ AC on for about a minute I did hear the converters fan come on for maybe 2 minutes then off so I assume the convertors internal fuse is good?

The generators fuel filter is jammed up on the breaker due to a fuel line to short.
I’d like to extend this fuel line & move it off the switch, anyone know the size of this fuel lines inside diameter? attached image of where I think the fuel filter should be located.Thanks all for advice it is much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuse box opened.jpg (225.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg generators breaker.jpg (169.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-27-2022, 08:44 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBRAIN View Post
Update on progress:
1.I managed to remove the fuse box cover initially I thought it wasn’t made to come apart & testing would be done from behind. measured Voltage w/ generator on erroneous readings no 120VAC on breakers or 12VDC on fuses.
2.I have brand new shore power cords which I connected to coach 1st then to household
Outlet. Result 124VAC on all breakers from neutral bus bar to breakers lugs & from negative green& bare wire bus bar to lugs to each fuse 13.4VDC.

Additionally the air conditioner powered up so did microwave oven however no joy w/
Furnace still can’t hear blower origniter.

When I installed a replacement house battery a deep cycle group 27 (my boats start battery vessel has’nt been unused for now 3 years bc of lockdown) it mearsured 12.9VDC I have a 18VDC solar trickle charger on it year round.

Edit: didn’t check frieg powering up.

Edit: when on shore power w/ AC on for about a minute I did hear the converters fan come on for maybe 2 minutes then off so I assume the convertors internal fuse is good?

The generators fuel filter is jammed up on the breaker due to a fuel line to short.
I’d like to extend this fuel line & move it off the switch, anyone know the size of this fuel lines inside diameter? attached image of where I think the fuel filter should be located.Thanks all for advice it is much appreciated.
No offense, but your questions are all over the woodwork. 08 Chevy Lexor. Are you aware of the other fuse box? Should be on the passenger's side rear. Mine is in the isle under the ottoman.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RV Electric think 07.jpg (65.5 KB, 1 views)
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:15 AM   #6
Platinum Member

The fuel line is 1/4".
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:25 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTom View Post
No offense, but your questions are all over the woodwork. 08 Chevy Lexor. Are you aware of the other fuse box? Should be on the passenger's side rear. Mine is in the isle under the ottoman.
No offense Tom but there's only one ? in my last post."heard the converter fan come on" the rest is status comments.
I am a little irratated that the gen set runs but doesn't deliver power, then I hear alot of negativity about this generator, heck I'd like to change the rear end fuild but how. rant over.
btw thats not a "fuse box" it's called a breaker box it's the gate way for 12VDC stuff located next to furnace.

I have tested 12VDC on every post on each breaker, I've also reset each breaker a few times.

I think my main problem is the generators fuel filter is jammed up on the breaker a little vibration and the breaker flips down.
thanks for you input though.

edit:narrowing down why the furnace isn't blowing, upto voltage at thremostat next testing inside the furnace, I suspect the relay on the printed circuit board.I believe most ppl just swap the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
The fuel line is 1/4".
thanks Steve I'm gonna try to relocate the filter off the darn breaker, I hope the breaker isn't faulty.seam like a major pita to remove the generator to replace a breaker what was onan thinking about. will report back

edit:if I can't resolve the onan in next few days. I do have a Yamaha 2K generator, I could rig up on a cargo tray attached to trailor hitch, just gotta figure out a way to lock it so some a$$hole won't run off w/ it.

then worry about carbon monoxide, my sensor light up but do they work
just in case fumes enter van. mite have to get another household CM alarm.