Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Numbers of RV's for sale

I've been looking for my "perfect" Roadtrek since the beginning of the summer..

My theory has been that as the season changes up north, more rv's will come onto the market than in other times of the year...

Earlier in the summer, it seemed there were more Roadtreks on the market, and the inventory seems low right at this point (labor day).

Have any of you been watching the market for long enough to comment ??
bwolfsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Good luck in your search. To me the van market is like the housing market right now; low inventory, high demand, a sellers market. I dont see that changing, even in fall. Bottom line is you have to be locked and loaded and ready to pounce! Best time to buy in my opinion is after holidays, when people start getting hit with their holiday credit card bills, heating bills, etc. They start to think about liquidating toys at that point.
Leland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:14 AM   #3
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland View Post
Good luck in your search. To me the van market is like the housing market right now; low inventory, high demand, a sellers market. I dont see that changing, even in fall. Bottom line is you have to be locked and loaded and ready to pounce! Best time to buy in my opinion is after holidays, when people start getting hit with their holiday credit card bills, heating bills, etc. They start to think about liquidating toys at that point.
Yeah, I agree with you. For the automotive industry, the first half year is the sales season. Following are the holidays, sometimes with some discounts. At the end of the year, most suppliers also want to improve the sales.
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Default Why not look at the 2014 Era for sale on this forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfsohn View Post
I've been looking for my "perfect" Roadtrek since the beginning of the summer..

My theory has been that as the season changes up north, more rv's will come onto the market than in other times of the year...

Earlier in the summer, it seemed there were more Roadtreks on the market, and the inventory seems low right at this point (labor day).

Have any of you been watching the market for long enough to comment ??
There's not as many used Roadtreks out there... but, this Era looks nice... it's a 2014...

If I didn't have my rig...I'd look at it.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:05 AM   #5
Platinum Member

A lot of RV's out there for sale every year after Labor Day.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:25 AM   #6
Platinum Member

I think what you have to do is be willing to spend a lot of time on rvt.com, rvtrader.com, looking at PPL, etc and be ready to jump. You also have to be ready to size up a for sale rig and take a quick flight to take a look at it, or drive a long way to look.

You can probably save some time if you are sure what you are looking for? Roadtrek? Which models? Which years? What is your budget? I think you might want to define that but of course the perfect rig for you may come along and be something different.

I have sold and bought from PPL in Houston. They are consignment sellers and move over 200 RVs a month. Newbies may not be familiar with them, but they have been around for 35 years. I just looked at pplmotorhomes.com and see several RTs currently available, including a very nice 210P with 13,000 miles on it.

You are at an advantage because you are in Florida and there are lots of Bs in Florida. The other side of that coin is that with great winter weather you probably won't see as many good deals as you will in the colder climes come late fall and winter.

RV shows in January and February bring out the new models and so that can/may enhance the volume of previously owned units available.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:37 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
I think what you have to do is be willing to spend a lot of time on rvt.com, rvtrader.com, looking at PPL, etc and be ready to jump. You also have to be ready to size up a for sale rig and take a quick flight to take a look at it, or drive a long way to look.
I'm spending the time.. i check a few times a day on rvt, rvtrader and rt int'l. I prefer a 210P, but will consider a 190P if it also meets my criteria.

The main criteria are:
Low mileage
6.0 liter engine
6 speed transmission
full bathroom
2010- 2015.

I hve lined up potential NRVIA inspectors for each of the units i've considered, biut none of the deals came to fruition...

yet..

I'm in florida. I missed out one one in San diego CA. While i paused overnight to decide if wanted to do a cross country drive for my first trip, the unit was gone the next moring... a day late, but not a dollar short..

i've been looking for about 3+ months, i just wanted to get a feel from others about seasonal levels of inventory on the market...
Old 09-05-2018, 03:39 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
A lot of RV's out there for sale every year after Labor Day.
thanks... hope you're right..
Old 09-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #9
Platinum Member

bwolfsohn, you will find your perfect Roadtrek! You know what you want and are willing to spend the time and energy to find it. I suspect in the next four or five months you will find exactly what you have focused in on.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfsohn View Post

I'm in florida. ...
If I were you, I'd make contact with Sunshine State RV, which is one of the country's best Class B resellers. Tell them what you want and you might get a "preferred customer" type of phone call when one comes into their inventory.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
If I were you, I'd make contact with Sunshine State RV, which is one of the country's best Class B resellers. Tell them what you want and you might get a "preferred customer" type of phone call when one comes into their inventory.
thanks..they & I are very familiar with each other..
Old 09-06-2018, 02:10 AM   #12
Platinum Member

It took me at least a year to find my "perfect for me" class b. I was lucky to find one only 200 miles from me.

It may seem like a long wait, but it will happen for you.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:51 AM   #13
Platinum Member

I'm putting in an offer for one tomorrow...

Not posting any details yet...

fingers crossed...