Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Old school Roadtrek 190P

Lots of post from those that are looking for their first vans lately so thought I would put this ebay unit on here as it is really a pretty odd bird these days.

This is a new 2019 C190P on a Chevy. AGM batteries, aisle shower (which you never see anymore). Stated as a leftover bought from Rapido and carries no Roadtrek warranty.

Asking is high, IMO, as it probably wouldn't be on the high demand list for many people, but it avoid the problematic lithium setups and possibly some of the quality issues that Roadtrek was having as they neared implosion. It likely would need batteries as the probably have been not taken care of over all that time, but unknown for certain.

With the now complete lack of Chevy models being offered, rare chance for anyone looking for a simpler and new Chevy model.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-ROADTR...5fB-Fz&vxp=mtr
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Lots of post from those that are looking for their first vans lately so thought I would put this ebay unit on here as it is really a pretty odd bird these days.

This is a new 2019 C190P on a Chevy. AGM batteries, aisle shower (which you never see anymore). Stated as a leftover bought from Rapido and carries no Roadtrek warranty.

Asking is high, IMO, as it probably wouldn't be on the high demand list for many people, but it avoid the problematic lithium setups and possibly some of the quality issues that Roadtrek was having as they neared implosion. It likely would need batteries as the probably have been not taken care of over all that time, but unknown for certain.

With the now complete lack of Chevy models being offered, rare chance for anyone looking for a simpler and new Chevy model.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-ROADTR...5fB-Fz&vxp=mtr
Mighty risky IMO from a construction quality standpoint (not just the electronics) based on what has been reported for that timeframe.

I just looked at the Roadtrek International for sale site and a larger percentage of units are listed as sold. Many other reports of significant uptick in RV sales. So if you gotta have one now you gotta pay the price.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 05:31 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
Mighty risky IMO from a construction quality standpoint (not just the electronics) based on what has been reported for that timeframe.

I just looked at the Roadtrek International for sale site and a larger percentage of units are listed as sold. Many other reports of significant uptick in RV sales. So if you gotta have one now you gotta pay the price.

I think the quality would be the only real concern as you say, the parts are the tried and true that have been used for over a decade AFAIK. The big question is who built it. If it was put together in the original building by the experienced crew, it could be pretty good, if it was built by the newbs, it could be not so good.

Personally, we like the aisle shower setup as we essentially never shower in the van anyway, and are not concerned about private bathroom time. Put an armoire in place of the third seat and you have lots of storage compared to most B's anywhere near that size. Too bad they don't have the audio cabinet next to the sink anymore as that also added a lot of space.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #4
Platinum Member

This is the guy in Jackson Mississippi that said he had bought the Roadtrek Chevy body panel molds (and some actual panels) and then seemingly disappeared: https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tml#post105703

I did see an ad from him on ebay for a CoolCat air conditioner/heat pump unit a few months ago. The unit displayed was in a box addressed to Roadtrek, so legitimate that way, but in my opinion was the later floor mounted Coolcat that supposedly is not interchangeable with the original units (as told to me by Dometic).

Not saying that he doesn't have this somewhat orphan 190, just ...
dicktill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicktill View Post
This is the guy in Jackson Mississippi that said he had bought the Roadtrek Chevy body panel molds (and some actual panels) and then seemingly disappeared: https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tml#post105703

I did see an ad from him on ebay for a CoolCat air conditioner/heat pump unit a few months ago. The unit displayed was in a box addressed to Roadtrek, so legitimate that way, but in my opinion was the later floor mounted Coolcat that supposedly is not interchangeable with the original units (as told to me by Dometic).

Not saying that he doesn't have this somewhat orphan 190, just ...

That is interesting, to be sure. I wonder if those that had been trying to get a hold of him for the fiberglass parts ever were able to contact him. Describes himself as a "niche dealer" which may only mean he has a storage building somewhere.

I wonder if some this stuff like this 190 and maybe the molds, being capitol equipment could have somehow been tied up in the bankruptcy stuff and slow getting released?

There was a lot of chatter about using the floor mount Coolcat and fitting it in the original case, but I don't ever recall seeing a finished product from anyone, so maybe they didn't work out.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:08 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Booster is spot on.

Looked at the ad, its a Unicorn for sure & the price reflects that but the aisle shower design of the 190 answers many of the issues other Class B's, do not.

And the batteries might be in good condition.

Its a great option for someone ready to buy but on the sidelines because of inventory issues.

First step after leaving the dealership; a road trip to Weldtec Design in El Cajon (outside of San Diego), fior a 3 inch or 5 inch lift.

Its the only way you are going to keep the undercarriage plumbing intact & the very expensive to repair ground effects from being scraped out.

Other than not leaving the driveway.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote