Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 11:23 PM   #1

Default Orange plastic fresh water tank cap?

I'm looking for the 1" or so flanged plastic cap that goes in your fresh water tank intake for my 2014 Roadtrek Agile. They often referred to as the orange gizmo. I thought they would be easy to find and used to cost about a quarter. My old one is marked Niagara 250 Erie. Apparently Niagara has been bought out by Caplugs and they have 1000's of caps but no way to cross reference the item numbers and there is a minimum order of 300. I'm guessing that it might be a T-14X and is now red.

Do you have a clue as to what I am talking about and a source? Thanks for your help.
ditsyquoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:29 PM   #2
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsyquoin View Post
I'm looking for the 1" or so flanged plastic cap that goes in your fresh water tank intake for my 2014 Roadtrek Agile. They often referred to as the orange gizmo. I thought they would be easy to find and used to cost about a quarter. My old one is marked Niagara 250 Erie. Apparently Niagara has been bought out by Caplugs and they have 1000's of caps but no way to cross reference the item numbers and there is a minimum order of 300. I'm guessing that it might be a T-14X and is now red.

Do you have a clue as to what I am talking about and a source? Thanks for your help.
I purchased some recently, tiny bit large maybe for my 05/04 190P but still work well. Sorry about the red color.

Send me your name, address........., and I'll send you 4 at no charge. You figure out if they will fit your roadtrek.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:48 PM   #3

Bud, what a kind offer. I would really appreciate it. I'm Yvette Webster at PO Box 333, Round Hill VA 20142.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:09 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Read somewhere along the net about a source - www.caps'nplugs.com. If I remember correctly they are a Canadian Business.....maybe they fabricate the ones used by RT. Ron
Old 10-30-2018, 04:44 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
I purchased some recently, tiny bit large maybe for my 05/04 190P but still work well. Sorry about the red color.

Send me your name, address........., and I'll send you 4 at no charge. You figure out if they will fit your roadtrek.

Bud
Bud, please advise where you found these, I too need a pair or more.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:48 AM   #6
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Bud, please advise where you found these, I too need a pair or more.
Please go here:

https://www.mocap.com/

Part number should be:

CP1.17/1.28RD1

Bud
Old 10-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #7
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Bud, what a kind offer. I would really appreciate it. I'm Yvette Webster at PO Box 333, Round Hill VA 20142.
Done, 4 of them by Friday. If not by mail delivery Monday, Please let me know. I want to know if Not received, thanks.

Bud
Old 10-30-2018, 11:36 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Thanks Bud, wish they offered them individually. Oh well.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:40 PM   #9

Bud, You are so kind. I received them in yesterday's mail and they fit perfectly. Now we can head off to parts unknown with one less worry.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:02 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Bud, do these have the air bleed hole in them?
Old 11-03-2018, 10:53 AM   #11
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Bud, do these have the air bleed hole in them?

No, I simply drilled one. I still wonder why I did that since the tanks have vents.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #12
Platinum Member

My 05 RT 210 does not have vents, or they were plugged up before I got it. So the holes may be important.
Thanks
Old 11-04-2018, 03:55 PM   #13

If you check beside the road at an intersection in Ohio you might be able to pick one up. Ours blew out and disappeared when my husband opened the passenger side door to retrieve something that had fallen down in the stairwell on our '13 RT CS Adventurous. Light changed, horns started honking. Decided it wasn't worth the trouble to look for it. Haven't seen anywhere to buy a new one. Plan to check with a RT dealer next time we get in for service.
Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:44 PM   #14

Just call Roadtrek. They'll send you a couple.
MaxCapacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:33 AM   #15
Platinum Member

I called some time ago, I was told to contact one of their dealers to buy them.
How long ago were you told they would send some? I may try again.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:55 AM   #16
Platinum Member

Last week we were camped for several days at a beautiful CoE campground on Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas. I drove over to the single dump for the campground after a few days and then drove to one of the water spigots for the campground and filled up my tank.

Lo and Behold! Half way embedded in the dirt but revealed after recent rains was one of the little orange plugs being discussed herein. I have always worried about losing one of my plugs, which are original to back when we took delivery on our 2007 RT 210 and that was August of 2006!!

What are the odds? I don't know, but all I know is that I now have a spare.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:30 PM   #17
Bronze Member

I have a 2015 Agile with the same issue. if you find a solution please share

Quote:

David Pouliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:40 PM   #18

Bud found the best solution which is ordering from https://store.mocap.com/mocap_en/cp....375.1541014174.

They will sell a minimum of 30 units for $12.00 plus shipping. I could not find them at my local RT dealer or at Camping World. They also seem to be available from aviation parts dealers like Spencer Aircraft as Caplug 14-X and sold by the piece. Maybe we all should buy a bag of 30 and hand them out as friendship tokens when we meet another trekker.