Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2021, 12:31 PM   #1

Default Ordered an Embassy RV

Hi all, I recently put in an order for an Embassy Traveler RV on a Ford Transit Chassis. Couldn't have been anymore impressed with the Embassy company especially Terry Minix VP. I won't get it for a while, but was wondering if anyone had suggestions for modifications I should get on it after I pick it up. I know about Sumo springs and I think that will be an add but didn't know if there were any great suggestions for me. Thanks in advance. Steve Edelen
sjedelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:19 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjedelen View Post
Hi all, I recently put in an order for an Embassy Traveler RV on a Ford Transit Chassis. Couldn't have been anymore impressed with the Embassy company especially Terry Minix VP. I won't get it for a while, but was wondering if anyone had suggestions for modifications I should get on it after I pick it up. I know about Sumo springs and I think that will be an add but didn't know if there were any great suggestions for me. Thanks in advance. Steve Edelen
Terry's builds are perfect. Modifications are not needed.
TygerMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:23 PM   #3
Platinum Member

A couple of suggestions.

I think they use HDPE (High Density PolyEthylene). I used HDPE in my conversion so have some experience using this material. It is extensively used in the marine world. But it has one major disadvantage, its coefficient of thermal expansion is very high and this can lead to warping. To minimize this issue keeping HDPE cool helps, so select light colors, I used Mercury Grey Seaboard HDPE from Vycom. White is the best black is the worst.

I believe they use a Thetford 402C cassette toilet, make sure that this cassette is vented to the roof just like a black tank system, or at least to outside. This particular model has a vent on the bottom of the cassette from inside which opens up during cassette insertion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cassette schematic vs porta potty.jpg (109.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ZGR12545.jpg (174.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ZGR12552-2.jpg (105.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ZGR12554.jpg (104.5 KB, 9 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:12 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I believe they use a Thetford 402C cassette toilet, make sure that this cassette is vented to the roof just like a black tank system, or at least to outside. This particular model has a vent on the bottom of the cassette from inside which opens up during cassette insertion.
Their standard toilet is the Laveo, but they will do most any toilet you desire.

I am the first in the USA to install a Separett Tiny diverting and desiccating toilet.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:57 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerMark View Post
Their standard toilet is the Laveo, but they will do most any toilet you desire.

I am the first in the USA to install a Separett Tiny diverting and desiccating toilet.
On one of their pictures I saw the Thetford 402 cassette toilet.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:17 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
They have tried all kinds of things as their default. They will do anything that fits, as long as it doesn't involve a black tank. They don't like black tanks.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:16 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
They have tried all kinds of things as their default. They will do anything that fits, as long as it doesn't involve a black tank. They don't like black tanks.
Perhaps the have enough customers and want to focus on simplicity of composting or cassette toilets. If the lay is the issue they could use macerating centrifugal (I think, meaning no impeller, see 2:07) toilets.

Old 05-16-2021, 12:19 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Old 05-16-2021, 05:27 PM   #9

Thanks all, I was talking more on the lines of what I can do to my Ford Transit exterior. Any modifications on the front you would suggest? Like grille guards. Thanks.
sjedelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:53 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Perhaps the have enough customers and want to focus on simplicity of composting or cassette toilets. If the lay is the issue they could use macerating centrifugal (I think, meaning no impeller, see 2:07) toilets.

This similar to what I am putting into my van. When toilets are behind the rear axle you have a choice between composting, cassette, porta pottie, or a marine upflow toilet. The upflow toilet as they call them are essentially macerating toilets to pump slurry up and in my case up and over the back axle to a black tank. Regular RV toilets are dependent on being over the black tank which usually limits them being located forward of the back axle. In this construction photo you see the toilet and the flushing mechanism on the face of the vanity.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:50 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
This similar to what I am putting into my van. When toilets are behind the rear axle you have a choice between composting, cassette, porta pottie, or a marine upflow toilet. The upflow toilet as they call them are essentially macerating toilets to pump slurry up and in my case up and over the back axle to a black tank. Regular RV toilets are dependent on being over the black tank which usually limits them being located forward of the back axle. In this construction photo you see the toilet and the flushing mechanism on the face of the vanity.

One of the common problems with gravity fed black tank toilets is potential for uneven level, high under the toilet after extended stay. Marine toilet with pump will never have this problem.

If your toilet pump is similar to the one on the video which makes a fine (from the granularity perspective) slurry you shouldn't have any problem pumping for dumping with just a centrifugal pump.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:17 PM   #12

I agree, picked up my Embassy Traveler 3 months ago and have put over 8,000 miles on it already. Great rig, no problems with workmanship or quality.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:29 PM   #13
RRV

TygerMark
How are you liking the Separett Tiny diverting and desiccating toilet?
RRV is offline   Reply With Quote