Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2016, 01:56 AM   #1

Default Picking up a New PW Plateau FL Friday

Hello All! We are picking up a New Pleasure Way Plateau FL on Friday. New to the RV World. Scared and excited at the same time. This is a life long dream for both of us. Love this Forum. Any advice is more than Welcome!
HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:11 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Congrats and welcome!

Eric

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #3

Congrats
Wife and I bought a new PW Lexor last fall. Been using it alot since the weather changed visiting family and camping. I really like the FL, out of our price range. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours. So far we have been happy with our PW. A few small glitches but nothing major. This past weekend we got 18mpg hwy. That includes a stowaway with about 100lbs. Good luck with PW and have a great season!! Keep us posted, would love to hear how you like it.
TNT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:10 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Congratulations! The FL is high on my list...must convince wife...

Hope you enjoy the van and please post your experience with it.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:47 AM   #5
Platinum Member

HortMi - congratulations on your new acquisition. A word of advice: be sure to get a thorough demonstration of all the systems. And I would recommend that you do a return demonstration every time the dealer rep shows you how to do something! Get some liquids in those tanks and perform a dump with the dealer rep at your side so that you are confident you have the sequence and the levers right. Same goes for flipping refrigerator back and forth from battery to gas to shore power, etc. Nothing beats actual muscle memory!
Old 06-04-2016, 12:30 AM   #6

Super congratulations to you!
May I ask what your other brand/size contenders were? And how you settled on the Pleasure-way FL? We are also considering the Roadtrek CS Adventurous for the available 24ft model. We really like that extra 18in in the back, the hidden spare underneath, the larger refrigerator, and the heated floor/bath. However, the Pleasure-way has the nicest windows and the open space along the passenger side. Plus, that unique lounge area in the front. I am leaning to the Pleasure-way. DH to the Roadtrek. Do tell how you decided.
Happy trails!
JustFoolingAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #7
Bronze Member

OKay......... The new Baby was due to arrive on Friday, and it's now Saturday. Where's the report and the Baby Pictures?
Old 06-05-2016, 12:40 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortMi View Post
Hello All! We are picking up a New Pleasure Way Plateau FL on Friday. New to the RV World. Scared and excited at the same time. This is a life long dream for both of us. Love this Forum. Any advice is more than Welcome!
Congrats... I would do a thorough walkthrough of ALL the systems. Have someone videotape your orientation so you can refer to it later when needed (a video is worth 20,000 words).

Colton RV does this for their customers
This is a complete orientation of a 2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA! This is our process of guiding new RV owners through their recently purchased RV. One of our Colton RV representatives explain how to work the particulars of their new home on wheels.
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Congratulations on your new PW! I wish all RV manufacturers would provide a video version of the owners manual. If you haven't seen them, Leisure Travel Vans offers one for their Unity. Even though they only make Class Cs, they spend a lot of time explaining things related to the chassis, so a lot of it may apply to your PW.
http://leisurevans.com/owners/manuals/2016/unity/
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:17 AM   #10

I think I have watched every You tube Video on the PW FL. Took several Drives out of town to several State Parks and lakes in the area. I have made reservations at FDR State park for next weekend. Spent a night already in the back yard to get the feel. Feel really good about it!
I posted in the general discussion about the delivery. I was not Happy but it wasn't with the Coach.It was with the dealer. This was a New 2016 with 34 miles. The dealer had almost a week to get it ready. April Build so it had not been on the lot very long. The engine compartment was extremely dirty as was the door jams,wheel welds and roof. The salesman said this is not like a car dealer. I almost left at that point. Anyway I'm parking it here at home and I can take care of the detailing. I love it so far!
The main reasons why I decided on the PW was it fit in the yard next to the garage 22.9" The interior layout,the extras such as the solar panels and Lithium Batteries.With all that a big plus is the Kitchen/Stove and sink are on the passenger side. Most of the side windows are on the kitchen side. I can easily do an over the shoulder and see outside.Fit and finish is superb! Extremely Happy!
HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:07 AM   #11
BBQ
Platinum Member

The economy is good. Most of the popular builds are on 18 months waiting list. The salesman must be saying "you are lucky to get your, stop demanding so much."
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote