Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #21

Oh yeah, here's some PW reviews
Our In-Depth Review of the 2015 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS

Detailed Review of Pleasure-Way Plateau XL
Maybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:40 PM   #22

Be careful. We just bought a new 2016 Pleasure Way Lexor TS. Our experience has been dismal. Several interior lights quit working, the generator rattled so loud it sounded like it was coming through the floor, the electrical cable did not fit the van, the voltage inverter was so loud we could not hear the TV, the molding was falling off the closet and several cabinets, the latch fell off of one cabinet, the front USB port did not work, and the battery charging system makes a loud buzzing noise. It has now been in the shop for over a month waiting for parts to arrive from Canada. Do not buy this van unless you check everything out thoroughly first, and be prepared to wait a long time for any warranty repairs. We would not have bought it had we known this up front.
gartscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:53 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gartscott View Post
Be careful. We just bought a new 2016 Pleasure Way Lexor TS. Our experience has been dismal. Several interior lights quit working, the generator rattled so loud it sounded like it was coming through the floor, the electrical cable did not fit the van, the voltage inverter was so loud we could not hear the TV, the molding was falling off the closet and several cabinets, the latch fell off of one cabinet, the front USB port did not work, and the battery charging system makes a loud buzzing noise. It has now been in the shop for over a month waiting for parts to arrive from Canada. Do not buy this van unless you check everything out thoroughly first, and be prepared to wait a long time for any warranty repairs. We would not have bought it had we known this up front.
Hard to believe it was that bad. Good to know but with only one post...
Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:36 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Be careful. We just bought a new 2016 Pleasure Way.....

Shame- as I've posted, our 2006 exceeds expectations.

But my Neighbor has a new PW and has had some warranty concerns, a loose fitting on the propane tank and the door on the outside shower busted off- his van has been at the dealers waiting for parts for a few weeks- but I think he is doing that to avoid having a parking crisis at home.

Gart, keep us informed on your dealing with PW and the Dealer.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:23 AM   #25
Gold Member

Quote:
Hmmm... one post and never been back. I call bs. PW has an excellent service record and when problems arise, then they usually step up and get it done. I don’t know from what he posted, why they would need parts sent from Canada. Gartscott any updates?
Old 12-12-2016, 01:56 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Sounds like a Roadtrek of late. PW's specialty is the cabinetry and it's install. The rest is old tech in their case so their shouldn't be many issues with that. But, who knows lately.
We had cabinetry issues with our Chevy Lexor pretty quickly, (delaminating, among other things), and have a friend with the same, several times, even with the repairs

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:51 PM   #27
Bronze Member

Default Is this Pleasure Way forum dead?

Nothing since 2009?
Gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:21 AM   #28
Bronze Member

I have a 1994 Pleasure Way STW and the build quality is outstanding. This many years later the cabinetry still looks great. No funky rattles, squeaks, or major issues. I am sad to hear that the newer ones have had issues, their build quality and service has always been great.
Nutsy_squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #29

Default Revive Thread!

We bought a 2005 PW Excel TS just before Thanksgiving. Hopped in it the next day and drove 600 miles to PA. Weather, mountains, traffic. Never having driven any kind of RV before, I didn't think it was too bad. It drove like a heavy duty van, which is what it is. Gas mileage was about 12 with the Ford V-10, but it did have plenty of power. This RV was 13 years old with 112K miles. Fit and finish were still very good. There were some rattles when the road was rough, but nothing excessive. The round table top came rolling out of the closet; I will have to fasten that better. Otherwise we loved it. We plan to use it mainly for comfortable travel. It's basically a big, fat van with a couch, TV, and a bathroom!
mrq3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:25 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrq3883 View Post
We bought a 2005 PW Excel TS just before Thanksgiving. Hopped in it the next day and drove 600 miles to PA. Weather, mountains, traffic. Never having driven any kind of RV before, I didn't think it was too bad. It drove like a heavy duty van, which is what it is. Gas mileage was about 12 with the Ford V-10, but it did have plenty of power. This RV was 13 years old with 112K miles. Fit and finish were still very good. There were some rattles when the road was rough, but nothing excessive. The round table top came rolling out of the closet; I will have to fasten that better. Otherwise we loved it. We plan to use it mainly for comfortable travel. It's basically a big, fat van with a couch, TV, and a bathroom!
Welcome to the forum mrq38883!

Pleasure Ways have a good reutation for quality. But things break, so they all take a good bit of maintenance.

Enjoy your Excel TS!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:02 PM   #31

I am looking at a 2017 PW Ascent with low miles and still under warranty. Not sure I will buy but it has me wondering how I would service it? The van is in PA and I am in TX. I know I would use a Mercedes dealer for those things related to the chassis and I know the accessories have their own warranty and the coach build out has a PW warranty.

Who would honor the PW warranty items locally if I ever had an issue?

Thanks, this is going to be my first van.
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:16 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
I am looking at a 2017 PW Ascent with low miles and still under warranty. Not sure I will buy but it has me wondering how I would service it? The van is in PA and I am in TX. I know I would use a Mercedes dealer for those things related to the chassis and I know the accessories have their own warranty and the coach build out has a PW warranty.

Who would honor the PW warranty items locally if I ever had an issue?

Thanks, this is going to be my first van.
Hi Laura,

Sound great - but check further into warranty details.

I'm pretty sure teh MB chassis warranty is still good for a few years, I'm pretty sure it would be transferable - likely three years on everything and 5 years on power train. I think 5 years on roadside assistance.

But the PW 5 year warranty is not normally transferable on PW products unless the previous owner made some other arrangements.

And even then it does not cover the appliances - they only get the original manufacturers warranty could be anything from 1 year to 3 years

This is based on the 2019 PW we just bought possibly yours might differ.

Still could be a great deal - just don't buy thinking you have 5 years from new on everything unless the previous owner has paid for some special coverage - and that it is transferable. It's possible - but see it in writing!

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #33

That's what I thought, that the PW warranty was non transferable..

It is on a late 2017 chassis with a little over 5,000 miles. He sent a video of it he took while he was talking with me today and it looked perfect. I would be keeping it two years max.

I don't want to wait and chance not having one for the summer by ordering one new now. I also feel class b's are on the cusp of a lot of new tech and that along with the scarcity problem for the short ones I like, more will be available with more power and tech options to choose from in 2 years.

Long story, I initially put in a new order for a Roadtrek Agile, totally loaded. I immediately canceled it about a week ago once all the bad news broke.

Thanks for the reply,

Laura
Old 02-01-2019, 11:33 PM   #34

In case anyone is interested here is the rv: https://www.rvusa.com/pleasure-way-a...ife-wa-2428562

They want 120,000 for it and said my offer of 108,000 was less than they paid.

Also, right now it is the only gently used one available in the nation that I can find anywhere.

So, what do you think?
Old 02-02-2019, 12:03 AM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
In case anyone is interested here is the rv: https://www.rvusa.com/pleasure-way-a...ife-wa-2428562

They want 120,000 for it and said my offer of 108,000 was less than they paid.

Also, right now it is the only gently used one available in the nation that I can find anywhere.

So, what do you think?

Hi again Laura,

It won't be much help, but all I can add is that we recently bought a brand new 2019 PW Plateau FL with a few extras such as aum. wheels, radiused white chocolate cabinets, bug screens, fill body paint, etc for 158,000 Can - minus a very decent trade in allowance on our travel trailer and truck.

$150K Can would be maybe $117 US I think, and of course, we do get the full warranty and it is two years newer - So I'm not sure $120k US for the smaller
and less expensive model - older and pre-owned with less warranty coverage - is a real bargain. The dealer should not be telling you it has a five year warranty unless he can back that up!

Should be some negotiating room - but I can understand if there is nothing else and if it is what you want !

Based on this one person's experience though, if you can, I'd try get get a better deal - somehow I think they have room to move!

Best of luck whatever you decide! It is easy to get carried away in the enthusiasm and I would be that way too, because when you want something you want it! - but be careful! It is a lot of $ to spend!

Brian.

PS - understand what you mean about RT! we live very close to the factory and with that full 6 yr warranty on everything it was very tempting - but my wife just liked the PW so much so I gave in! For now I am certainly glad I did - but for those having bought Roadtreks, I hope everything works out - I have a feeling it will but who knows at present!
Old 02-02-2019, 12:32 AM   #36

This is super helpful thank you.

I believe it is a scarcity problem. There are very few. I think since I am not in a hurry I will just wait. They are trickling in slowly.

I really appreciate your input and you got a great deal imo.

Laura
Old 02-02-2019, 12:34 AM   #37

There is a 2019 on a 2018 chassis that is brand new. I am calling them tomorrow for a price. No idea what I should offer because, again, due to the scarcity of these and other small chassis vans it is tough to find one: https://www.johnstonrvcenter.com/inv...19954/#mainpic

Does anyone know if it is really true that these will be delivered in 5 months? I am super skeptical. I would consider ordering a new one since i prefer the new color interior but would be extremely disappointed if I ended up in Texas heat all summer waiting for it. They will not guarantee a delivery date.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:49 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by <<B-Guy>> View Post
Hi again Laura,

It won't be much help, but all I can add is that we recently bought a brand new 2019 PW Plateau FL with a few extras such as aum. wheels, radiused white chocolate cabinets, bug screens, fill body paint, etc for 158,000 Can - minus a very decent trade in allowance on our travel trailer and truck.

$150K Can would be maybe $117 US I think, and of course, we do get the full warranty and it is two years newer - So I'm not sure $120k US for the smaller
and less expensive model - older and pre-owned with less warranty coverage - is a real bargain. The dealer should not be telling you it has a five year warranty unless he can back that up!

Should be some negotiating room - but I can understand if there is nothing else and if it is what you want !

Based on this one person's experience though, if you can, I'd try get get a better deal - somehow I think they have room to move!

Best of luck whatever you decide! It is easy to get carried away in the enthusiasm and I would be that way too, because when you want something you want it! - but be careful! It is a lot of $ to spend!

Brian.

PS - understand what you mean about RT! we live very close to the factory and with that full 6 yr warranty on everything it was very tempting - but my wife just liked the PW so much so I gave in! For now I am certainly glad I did - but for those having bought Roadtreks, I hope everything works out - I have a feeling it will but who knows at present!

Brian, I just looked. The PW Plateaus are selling brand new for $20,000+ Less than the Ascent. Again, it must be a scarcity problem. But some sites list it as about $10,000 more. So hard to know what things should cost.

Doesn't this mean I shouldn't buy one now? As soon as the dealers catch up to the demand, probably right around the time I'd want to trade it in (2 years), the price would stabilize and I would be sol.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:09 AM   #39
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Laura;87474]Brian, I just looked. The PW Plateaus are selling brand new for $20,000+ Less than the Ascent. Again, it must be a scarcity problem. But some sites list it as about $10,000 more. So hard to know what things should cost.

Doesn't this mean I shouldn't buy one now? As soon as the dealers catch up to the demand, probably right around the time I'd want to trade it in (2 years), the price would stabilize and I would be sol.[/QUOTE

Wow, that is indeed surprising to me as I think that the Ascent is really a shorter version of the Plateau and so, I figured it would cost less - I think it must be built on a 2500 (3/4T) Chassis, whereas the Plateau is the 3500 (1T) dual rear wheel chassis.

The Ascent would not work at all for us, but obviously it does for many, especially solo travellers.

I don't know how to explain that price anomaly - other than as you say, maybe it is a supply and demand thing.

Perhaps you should look at a Plateau FL instead with the two living areas!

Just kidding - if it is just you, then no doubt shorter is better, and that has its own advantages for parking etc.

We need two living areas - as we had in our last RV, a 31 ft Airstream trailer, if only so that I can play my banjo in one end and my wife can watch tv in the other end!

Also, I go to bed earlier than she likes to, so again, two living area / two tv's works great for us!

Best of luck, and do let us know how you make out !

Cheers ....... Brian.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:08 AM   #40
Bronze Member

Your best bet is to buy from VOGT in Ft. Worth, if you live in Texas. Ask for Race, tell them that Jay G. sent you. You will get your best price and service from them. Keep in mind, if you buy from outside the state and not from your local RV dealer, you will not get prompt service. Also bare in mind, that PW owners think they have the best thing since "slice bread" as we say here in Texas. That is not true. They are lying to themselves if they think they can sell for the same price they paid new!
Gosman is offline   Reply With Quote