Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2020, 02:18 AM   #1

Default Pleasure Way 1996: location of tire jack?

I played the what-if game of changing a tire on my 1996 pleasure way dodge 3500 b van a few days ago and couldn't find the tire jack. Since I bought this used a few years ago I dont even know if it originally came with a tire jack.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? We are in the middle of traveling cross country for 2 months and this information might come in handy.
Thanks in advance for any help!
akroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:37 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Likely location? Open the back door, between the beds at the very back is a compartment. Lift it up from the back and the jack should be in there. There is no handle, just pull up on the carpet.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip. I looked where you suggested and could see where the carpet seams indicated a compartment. Tried lifting it and even put a crow bar to it but seems like I was going to break something before it lifted. My model has the generator mounted below back compartment so maybe there isn't a compartment there? I really appreciate your pointing me in right direction though.
Thanks,
Old 02-19-2020, 02:47 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Next possible location could be in the drivers side bed at the back corner of the van. Another carpeted cover. This compartment should have your house battery, but perhaps they put the jack in there as well?
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:25 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Well my 97 PW does not have a generator although it's wired for one, including the start switch at the monitor panel. But I believe that it's supposed to be on the rear, driver's side in the back. I have a locking compartment with nothing in it there. I do have the lift up compartment in the rear as Bruceper described and that is where my jack is.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:47 AM   #6
Platinum Member

PW 1994-1997 Owners Manual.pdf

Here's a pdf of the owners manual in case you didn't get one. It's unclear to me but on one of the pages [p.8] it briefly mentions generator location. Obviously you know the location since you have the vehicle. Anyways, you might want the "manual"
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:44 AM   #7

Thanks for the great responses, ideas, and owner's manual.
I do think there is a compartment in the back between the 2 beds but I can't get it open without doing some damage. My plan now is to wait until I am somewhere dryer and warmer than it has been in soggy Mississippi, and then try to open compartment. I think the wood just might be too swollen right now. I did swing by Harbor Freight and picked up a scissor jack just in case.
Thanks again the the reaponses!
Old 02-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #8

I have 97 Pleasureway on Dodge 3500. Jack is under passenger side bed, along with tire iron. I use a star tire iron, much better that stock iron. The compartment under the carpet on the passenger side is where my house battery is located. Good luck. Used the jack once, is a major pain with a flat on the rear. Looking into electric sissor jack.
Don Kohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:15 PM   #9

I FOUND my tire jack. As suggested by Don, I looked under passenger side bunk and artfully hidden in that compartment was the jack and lug nut wrench. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Roger