Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2020, 12:18 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Agreed, sounds as though the RV shop might not have properly adjusted the microswitch.

I have only tried mine a couple of times since the upgrade and is seems ok. Added a pack of spare fuses to my tool kit anyway!

It seems to me that it would have been better to install that fuse at the awning controller located inside the van rather than up under the awning motor housing - it would have been much easier to get to!

With it under the motor housing, if it fails when camping, you need a ladder to climb up and remove the plastic rivets holding the motor cover in place to get to the fuse.

When I took my PW in for the upgrade I asked if they could do that. They agreed with my suggestion but said they had to follow the Fiamma instruction!
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:19 AM   #22

I received the kit and installed the parts myself (it’s a four drive to the nearest dealer.). Took about 2 hours to figure it out since no instructions are included in the kit. After reading this thread I didn’T install the fuse. Pretty simple job. The awning doesn’t have to be removed. You do need some tools that may not be in your tool chest.
kanes@frontier.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:19 PM   #23

Update to the blown fuse issue. The micro-switch metal tab had a slight bend in it which was straightened out to come into contact with the new black plastic end cap. All works fine now and no long continues to run which blew the fuse. Thanks to all for your insights.
BrandonB is offline   Reply With Quote