Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2019, 10:58 PM   #21

OK, thanks, I guess I misread your previous statement. Happy trails!
Cal 20 Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:50 AM   #22

Great comments--thanks all.

I did sign up for the PW Yahoo forum and my wife the PW Facebook Group. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll be interested to know how those sleeping bag liners work out.

I believe extension cords are ok as long as the amperage draw is low; ie fridge ok, air conditioning never.

Thanks for the 5th gear advice and no cruise. I will do this in future.
jimservice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:53 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimservice View Post
Great comments--thanks all.

I did sign up for the PW Yahoo forum and my wife the PW Facebook Group. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll be interested to know how those sleeping bag liners work out.

I believe extension cords are ok as long as the amperage draw is low; ie fridge ok, air conditioning never.

Thanks for the 5th gear advice and no cruise. I will do this in future.
Extension cords are ok as long as they are not overly long and at least 12ga. You definitely don't want to run both the AC and microwave at the same time with one. We've used a 50' 12 ga at some residences over the years with no issues. No warm cord or outlet

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:07 PM   #24

You've received some good replies here and you will sort out the storage in your van. We're on our third RV and with each we have had to reconfigure how we pack. In each we have put shelves in those storage caverns.

There are trade offs with each RV. My parents went from a travel trailer to a van conversion. The van was easier to manage, but had less space and required breaking camp to shop or sight see. The best advantage of the van that I saw was that after my father died my mother was able to camp solo into her mid 80's.
Sotovoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #25

I pulled my Ram Promaster manual and can find no talk of how to downshift. I see on the shift lever a + and - but that is in D not a M (manual). Would this be how to override and downshift from 6 to 5? I know there’s a tow/haul but am not sure if this would accomplish the same thing or not. Please let me know.
jimservice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:41 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimservice View Post
I pulled my Ram Promaster manual and can find no talk of how to downshift. I see on the shift lever a + and - but that is in D not a M (manual). Would this be how to override and downshift from 6 to 5? I know there’s a tow/haul but am not sure if this would accomplish the same thing or not. Please let me know.
Tap to left to put in manual mode. Then it's in manual mode so you can push up or down to put it in a specific gear. Very easy to do at highway speeds.
A Promaster quirk. Pushing the shifter up makes it downshift, back or down makes it upshift. Backwards what you would think it would be. You have to push back to the right to be able to go into park.
The tow/haul setting makes no difference how the manual shifting works

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #27
Bronze Member

Congratulations on your new RV purchase. This reply is for refrigerator cooling issue, only: We have a Dometic 3-way refrigerator in our 2001 Pleasure-way Lexor.
1. Cooling ability: Due to age and model difference, the performance of our refrigerator may not be comparable to yours, however, we have found as have many other class B owners that we know that the 3-way refrigerators can reliably keep food at approx. 40 degrees or lower when outside temperature a below 90 degrees F. Once temperatures are above 90, depending upon a variety of factors (including sun exposure to refrigerator side of RV and/or whether we are running the air conditioning in the RV), keeping the refrigerator temperature 40 F or lower is not reliable. (Even under these conditions, however, our freezer continues to stay lower than 32 F.) In these conditions, we keep out food that requires refrigeration in a cooler. We have no trouble keeping ice for 3 to 4 days in our $40 Coleman "3-day ice retention cooler with temperatures 40 F or lower.. We monitor temperatures using a $17 electronic thermometer from Amazon that monitors the coach temperature and has two remote sensors which place as appropriate depending up whether we are using a cooler.
2. Pre-cool: If you are unable to connect to shore power or if driveway is slopped too much, recommend pre-cooling the refrigerator with frozen water bottles. 3-way refrigerators tend not to be very good at cooling from a high temperature. They are much better at maintaining a temperature once that temperature has been achieved (by pre-cooling).
AreCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:47 AM   #28

Thanks for a true review, very valuable to me at least.
roncreighton@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:03 AM   #29

I'm new to this forum and appreciate all the comments as I'm considering purchasing a 2019 Pleasure Way Lexor TS (used). I currently have a 2016 Itasca (Winnebago) Navion 24J on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis. The biggest concern for my wife and I is storage is our camping gear, like chairs, portable BBQ, propane stove, leveling blocks, etc.
We downsized from 34' class A to the Navion so we know about taking less with us. Is there storage inside under what PW calls the "ottomans"?

Thanks for any and all other advice in helping me to make my decision in trading my Navion for the Lexor.
camper ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:31 PM   #30
Bronze Member

Most of the ottomans are taken up by electrical equipment. Half of one is available for storage. It will fit several six packs of craft beer. We store chairs, blocks, etc under the couch in our 2018 Lexor TS.
svIntuition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:51 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper ken View Post
Thanks for any and all other advice in helping me to make my decision in trading my Navion for the Lexor.
each type of RV is a pile of compromises, B's are definitely compromised for storage

The advantages to a B are ease of parking, ease of driving and MPG.

do any of these advantages out weigh what you have? almost any other aspect I can think of is a downgrade

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by svIntuition View Post
Most of the ottomans are taken up by electrical equipment. Half of one is available for storage. It will fit several six packs of craft beer. We store chairs, blocks, etc under the couch in our 2018 Lexor TS.
Thanks for the advice especially about craft beer storage.
Where do you store things like fresh water hose, shore cord?
I'm going to look at the 2019 model at a local dealer this weekend so hopefully I'll get a better idea of storage options.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #33
Platinum Member

I have the 2016 Lexor TS. Use a Stowaway for camping items. Chairs, outside carpets, leveling blocks, electric cord, water hose, etc. Less tracking of stuff inside. Works ok for how we travel.

2017, PW provided 2000 watt inverter. We moved our spare tire outside and is mounted on driver side rear door. We installed a Victron 12/3000 so we run things like microwave and air conditioner.

Always trying to figure how to carry less. Always looking for smaller items so I can reduce the load. OCCC is about 1000 lbs. I do not plan to tow. Try to reduce weight all of the time.
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlum View Post
I have the 2016 Lexor TS. Use a Stowaway for camping items. Chairs, outside carpets, leveling blocks, electric cord, water hose, etc.
I've thought about that, however some trips we take bikes with us and I have a fairly new Yakima bike rack that fits into the hitch receiver, so I wouldn't want to make a decision to take the bikes or the camping items. If I didn't have the bikes a Stowaway carrier would be a great idea.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:
I've thought about that, however some trips we take bikes with us and I have a fairly new Yakima bike rack that fits into the hitch receiver, so I wouldn't want to make a decision to take the bikes or the camping items. If I didn't have the bikes a Stowaway carrier would be a great idea.
I do not ride bikes so I am not great with this. Join the PW FB forum. I believe people have come up a solution. They use bikes and the stowaway. Some have even created their personal boxes and mounted bike racks on top
Old 09-25-2020, 09:41 PM   #36
Platinum Member

Quote:
https://www.classbforum.com/forums/i...attach/jpg.gif

Herhttps://www.classbforum.com/forums/images/classb/attach/jpg.gife are some photos from FB PW forumhttps://www.classbforum.com/forums/images/classb/attach/jpg.gifhttps://www.classbforum.com/forums/images/classb/attach/jpg.gifhttps://www.classbforum.com/forums/images/classb/attach/jpg.gifhttps://www.classbforum.com/forums/images/classb/attach/jpg.gif