Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2017, 07:32 PM   #1

Default Pleasure-Way Lexor ---- dumping

Outside of state parks and campgrounds, I have not found a dump station I can use because of the curb/walls around the station at Love's, Petros and state rest stops. The outlet on the unit is SO close to the ground...6", and all the curbs are 2+" higher. (Obviously did not dawn on me when shopping for the unit, as we had previously had a 24' TT) I know about and have just purchased a Sewer Solution, but, as stated in another thread/post, often there is no way to connect to a water line. Any other option I don't know about? Sounds like it will just be hit or miss as to whether I will be able to use the Sewer Solution and that I should keep a list of dump stations that have a way to the water line.
Southern Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Bite the bullet and have a plumbed-in, properly sealed macerator installed. It will solve your problem and in general, life will be SO much better.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #3

Unfortunately, the way I am using the unit, I think you are right. Not sure there is really space for a permanent installation of a pump, but will definitely follow up on that.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:37 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Most of your dump will spill into the drain over the curb. Then you have to "walk" the last bit over the curb by progressively lifting the tube.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:12 AM   #5
Platinum Member

The outlet on my American Cruiser is very low as well. The last time I dumped, I considered pulling out my leveling boards to raise the height a little.
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:44 AM   #6

Davydd.....tried that once, but I'm thinking if I was even further away from that curb it might work. Did NOT work well last time (one and only time) but I was very close.

rjf7g....thought about it, but seems more burdensome.

Thanks to you boy for ideas
Old 04-08-2018, 02:30 AM   #7

Pleasureway thinks all dump drains are flush to the ground or lower. Their "gravity is best" is true, and I totally agree, if the drain is lower than the outlet. But that is in a perfect world. They are so out of touch. How have they gotten away with this for so long? When I drain at home, my drain is lower and so love the gravity method. It is fast and works very well and I use the basic hose in the provided hose carrier. Pleasureway needs to add a macerator. If I have my Rhino-flex hose, then I must lift the hose to push everything out when drain is higher than the outlet in the situation you describe. The problem is I don't always have my Rhino-flex hose because Pleasureway does not include a hose carrier large enough to accommodate anything with large fittings. And there is no way I would attempt this with my open end hose. I will soon be making a long Texas drive and didn't want to take my Rhino-flex, but maybe I will need to find some space for it. Hopefully Palo-Duro dump station is flush with the ground. Thanks for bringing up the topic since it reminds me I better take my Rhino-flex! I'm like you, still looking for a better way.
pwlextex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:34 AM   #8
Platinum Member

there are several portable macerator systems made for rv's.

this is one of them-but there are others

https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-18555-...e+rv+macerator
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:07 AM   #9
Platinum Member

I've been doing this RV thing for a while and I really can't recall a dump height issue anywhere. There was a place in Moncton, NB that had a curb but I simply walked the hose and all was good.

But yeah. portable macerators are available.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote