Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2014, 12:45 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Pleasure-way what?

OK. So I got the B. I go looking for a manual and can't find one. I see the suggestions on the forum here to email Pleasure-Way and ask.

I sent my message at 1706 hrs today. I got a reply today at 1734 saying the attachment is too big and he can't send it so he will try again tomorrow.

Are you freaking kidding me? 28 minutes for a reply from a manufacturer! For a manual of a unit that's 22 years old? Colour me seriously impressed. That's some customer service.

I will ask permission to post it to the forums here once I receive it. Might as well share it if I'm allowed!
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pleasure-way what?

I'd be happy to host it here if OK with PW. The section for owner manuals is here: http://www.classbforum.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=43

Traditionally and typically, Class B quality and manufacturer support is top notch.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Bruceper posted the 1990-1993 Pleasure-Way owner manual here: http://www.classbforum.com/phpBB2/vi...hp?f=43&t=3275 - nice addition to what's available here.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #4
Rok
Platinum Member

I was favorably impressed with the response time from Pleasure Way industries, too.

When I was deciding on what brand to buy, I found out that Pleasure Way only offered a warranty to the original purchaser, not for a specific time for the vehicle if it is traded or sold (like most auto manufacturers, like MB do).

I called before buying to see if they would waive that consideration and allow the warranty to extend to the next owner if I sold it to another party within the 3 year warranty period. It was going to be my purchase of an RV, and I didn't even know if I would find traveling in an RV worthwhile (I now know that I love it.) I talked with a VP of Marketing who ran it up the management tree, and returned an answer in short order.

The answer wasn't what I wanted to hear, it was "No.", but the consideration they showed me was very professional and very friendly. Unfortunately for them, their answer played a large part in our decision. I guess it could be called a deal breaker for us. We bought a Great West over the Pleasure Way.

Now I see on their website that PW has a new warranty program that they tout as the "industry's Best". It is a 5 year warranty, but I don't know if it still has the "applies only to the original purchaser" caveat to it.

--Rocky
Rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:26 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper
OK. So I got the B. I go looking for a manual and can't find one. I see the suggestions on the forum here to email Pleasure-Way and ask.

I sent my message at 1706 hrs today. I got a reply today at 1734 saying the attachment is too big and he can't send it so he will try again tomorrow.

Are you freaking kidding me? 28 minutes for a reply from a manufacturer! For a manual of a unit that's 22 years old? Colour me seriously impressed. That's some customer service.

I will ask permission to post it to the forums here once I receive it. Might as well share it if I'm allowed!
If you own a Pleasure-way van you are a member of the family. Great products from what I have seen.
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I got surprised recently by the local "B" dealer south of Austin stopped carrying Pleasure-Ways, and only sells Airstream "B"s. Interstates are nice, but once I get into that price range (north of $150,000), a lot of other options open up, such as Advanced RV.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:10 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Yes. I have been struggling with the escalating prices of B's. I want to replace my PW Plateau TS, although it is trouble-free and has been a faithful unit. I am now resigned to finding a one-year old or so unit and might just get one Stateside, although the Canadian/US dollar exchange rate is not very good right now. The cabinetry is simply outstanding and these units dont squeak and rattle like my previous C class rigs did.
AL
Old 11-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Recent buyer of a used 2006 Lexer TD.

When shopping B's PW was great about sending me brochures of past models ( roadtreks are all online- so easy), and after i inspected the unit, PW was great about answering a few questions...and a few more questions now that I am an owner.

So for the user a great experience.

For original owner, a knowledge that PW will give support means that value ( hopefully) will be retained over time.

For the manufacturer- they are growing the market- if they make it easy for a buyer in the used market, that means they can sell a new unit every few years to those who want the latest and greatest and have the budget to do so.

a win/win/win

Pretty darn happy with this thing, as I dig into the systems I see obvious care put into the plumbing, electrical and cabinetry which you may not find in all rv's

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:20 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Mike,
I am happy that you are pleased with your unit. I believe that the exceptional quality and attention to not only detail but in system wiring harnesses, plumbing and general quality and fitment are consistent with what you experience with GreatWestVans, Roadtrek and I believe from what I have seen visually, LeisureTravelVans. Happy trails...
AL