Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #1

Default Pleasureway Breaker Location

Troubleshooting question - we have a 2000 Pleasureway Excel with the full bench electric seat/bed, recently the bed stopped working, if I apply power directly to the motor it works fine, tired a new switch and still doesn't work, no power to the switch? I have read that there are 4 self reset breakers one being for the bed? However I cannot find the location of these breakers? Would really appreciate some assistance if someone knows where they are hidden? Thanks Dez
Firefighterdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pleasureway Breaker Location

This photo might help. It is a newer Excel so they could have changed the location. The location on this model was on the passenger side in a compartment under the furnace.

The grey colored breakers in the photo will have a reset button. Often breakers that look like that are self- resetting. The breakers in the photo are manual re-settable. Look for a button to press to reset.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grey resettable breakers.JPG (62.9 KB, 392 views)
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #3

Wow - appreciate the quick response. Unfortunately my older model doesn't have this easy to find access panel location? The online manual I found makes reference to the same types of breakers, but there is no diagram or indication of where they are located, just that there are 3 (4 with the electric couch)? Hoping there might be a user out there who has uncovered their hidden location. Dez
Firefighterdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
Silver Member

Give PW a call, I hear they are very responsive.
Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:44 PM   #5

Thanks! I ran out as soon as I got the message gave it a quick try and no luck. Good to know what those are and how they work. I'm going to try it again once I'm done breakfast and had another cup of tea! Maybe I didn't push the button with enough authority.
CSW343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #6
Lou
Platinum Member

Default contact Pleasure-way

Email the people at Pleasure-Way.
<grantw@pleasureway.com>
Here is one of them. Once when the 2 main people who answer were away at an RV show, the manager replied! They are very helpful to all Pleasure-Way owners. It is great!
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:30 AM   #7
Platinum Member

on my 2006 PW the breakers as per the manual have "RED" trip/reset buttons...of course my trip/reset buttons are black.
sent me in a wrong direction when tracking a fault.

on my model all the electrics are on the pass side rear under the couch...the breaker panels are on the fascia under the sofa panel with wood door has 12 volt breakers referenced above, 120 VAC breakers, then 12 VDC fuse panel

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
on my 2006 PW the breakers as per the manual have "RED" trip/reset buttons...of course my trip/reset buttons are black.
sent me in a wrong direction when tracking a fault.

on my model all the electrics are on the pass side rear under the couch...the breaker panels are on the fascia under the sofa panel with wood door has 12 volt breakers referenced above, 120 VAC breakers, then 12 VDC fuse panel

mike
On my 2015 PW Plateau I have hit every electrical component in board and called as well as texted PW. No answer that helped. So can anyone explain a manual bed lowering/extension?
Redneckstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:12 PM   #9

Default Did you find it?

Hi there, we just bought a similar model (Special Edition 2000 Excel TS) and we are having the same issue. Did you ever find the fuses?
Clairbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 01:11 AM   #10

Default Y2K Pleasureway Excel breaker location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighterdez View Post
Troubleshooting question - we have a 2000 Pleasureway Excel with the full bench electric seat/bed, recently the bed stopped working, if I apply power directly to the motor it works fine, tired a new switch and still doesn't work, no power to the switch? I have read that there are 4 self reset breakers one being for the bed? However I cannot find the location of these breakers? Would really appreciate some assistance if someone knows where they are hidden? Thanks Dez
Hi. I have a Y2K Pleasureway Excel as well. Our large breakers are under the couch, accessible from the back door, behind a little closed door.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231013_160209.jpg (180.5 KB, 4 views)
CircaLiz is offline   Reply With Quote