Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2020, 12:12 AM   #1

Default Plumbing Repair for Roadtrek 190

So, have a 4X4 Roadtrek 190. I didn't do anything extreme, but at low speed, turning around, I ran over a bump that broke a plumbing fitting under the van. I was winterized so there was no black or grey water in the system.

My problem is that I have talked with 5 different RV repair shops and none of them want to fix it. Any ideas? I am in Olympia Washington.
section31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:19 AM   #2
Platinum Member

What part of the plumbing is broken? If it is the black and gray water valves then get on your learning hat and some leveler blocks and get to work.

If it is the gray water plumbing to the gray tank then it is a bigger problem. Which is it?
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:57 PM   #3

I had a bunch of external plumbing replaced on my 210 at West Service Center in Chesapeake, VA. I know what you mean when nobody wants to touch it. The obvious first problem is access to the bottom of your van. Then, if it's black tank plumbing, some people just won't do it out of fear of infection, or they're just not interested your poop. I can't say I blame them. Depending on what is broken on yours, you may be looking at dropping the driveshaft/exhaust to access the plumbing.
If you can actually access the bottom of your van via a lift or quality ramps, I say go for it. You'll learn a lot about your plumbing. Otherwise, you need a shop.

The Roadtrek dealer closest to you appears to be a little bit of a drive but might be your best bet.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jo...c4737edfa8dd6b

Good luck!
BasicBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:22 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The closest RT dealer to Lacey is Poulsbo RV's shop in Kent.
rtbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:28 PM   #5
Gold Member

I also have a Roadtrek 2006, 190. I ran over a speed bump and it cracked a piece of plumbing pipe between both tanks. I replaced all the plumbing between the black tank, the gray tank and the macerator. I got most of my parts from Amazon including the plumbing piece where both tanks come together and the 3 inch black tank valve and the one and a half inch gray tank valve. It’s not a hard job, but being able to get under the van to work comfortably might be a challenge. I made a couple of ramps by stacking 2X10’s on top of each other and just drive up on them. It barely gives me enough room to work underneath the van.
Thevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:08 PM   #6

Replying to:
The closest RT dealer to Lacey is Poulsbo RV's shop in Kent.

If that's the case, my apologies. I'm not from the area and they aren't listed on Roadtrek.com as a dealer or a service center.
BasicBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #7

Default "New RoadTrek" repair

Johnson RV in FIFE Washington (east side of Puget Sound) is an authorized RoadTrek Inc dealer and service center. I think their Sandy OR location has the larger repair center of their locations. They are 300 hundred miles from me. I have pretty much become diy for repairs and knowledge on the coach parts of the Roadtrek.

The new RoadTrek Inc. has most of the original design staff, and you might try contacting them through their website. (Maybe request to speak with Chris Deakins.) The good news, is that the owner support, manuals, and videos are back up on the website.
starrski is offline   Reply With Quote