Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2019, 09:55 PM   #1

Default Power awning won’t open

I have a 2016 winnebago sprinter era. Awning won’t open (used to work fine altho never really used). Power button lights up when held down but no motor startup sound. Any suggestions?
Trudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:41 PM   #2
Platinum Member

12v fuse blown? Maybe power to the switch but not to the awning? Check coach fuse box and consult your owner's manual. Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
Bronze Member

I'm having the same issue on a 2019 Travato. Retract button was accidentally hit when the awning was already fully retracted and blew the fuse. I replaced the fuse but now there is no motor noise when I engage the switch. I wonder if there is another fuse somewhere that I don't know about that needs to be changed. It's a Colorado Carefree unit. Anyone have any insight?
Chris Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:15 PM   #4
Platinum Member

You both have new or fairly new Winnebago units. You should probably call the Winnebago home office customer support. They may refer you to the awning manufacturer, but I'd start with the coach builder.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I would start my turning off the house disconnect switch to reset the computer that controls everything. Next I would try opening the awning from the touch screen panel.

You can scroll through the fuses by using the control arrows on the front of the control panel above the fuses. Much easier than pulling each one. On my Era 170A this is under the driver side bed.

If all else fails call Winnebago tech support as they are a huge help. They walked me through everything for diagnosing a bad touch screen panel and sent me a new one that I installed.
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote