Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2020, 03:44 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Prices :(

I haven't paid attention to new Class B prices for a while. I got a shock when I happened to surf by the Winnebago site. And those are starting prices. They sure abandoned much lower prices that I recall just a few years ago. What kind of discount can you get on those? 20% wouldn't seem to cut it.

Some of the Roadtreks are up there too. I haven't checked Pleasureway or any others; kinda scared to. Is the new technology really that expensive?
Attached Images
File Type: png Winnebago Class B.png (298.4 KB, 103 views)
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
I haven't paid attention to new Class B prices for a while. I got a shock when I happened to surf by the Winnebago site. And those are starting prices. They sure abandoned much lower prices that I recall just a few years ago. What kind of discount can you get on those? 20% wouldn't seem to cut it.

Some of the Roadtreks are up there too. I haven't checked Pleasureway or any others; kinda scared to. Is the new technology really that expensive?
Folks on Facebook claim a 30% discount from MSRP on Travatos.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:10 PM   #3
Silver Member

I negotiated approximately 28% off the MSRP on my MAD Passage, purchased new in January from Camping World.
BrianCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:45 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Substantial discounting is the norm for conventionally manufactured, dealer distributed brands like Winnebago. It's a different story for factory direct, custom and semi-custom brands like Sportsmobile and ARV.

Lithium battery systems do cost more, but it's a few thousand at most. Availability and cost of vans to convert is another factor that may be driving up prices, as upfitters compete with rapidly expanding delivery fleets.

In the end it come down to supply and demand of the finished products. The exit of Roadtrek/Hymer made a dent in supply, which the new Roadtrek has yet to fill.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Winnebago has always been famous for 25-35% discounts on their rigs.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:24 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I think a lot of us kind of got into thinking the lower discounts on Roadtreks and Pleasure-ways when we were looking at buying a decade ago were the norm for class b's. Back then if you got 18% of on a current year Roadtrek you were doing extremely well.

When Winnebago got into the market, they first blew it up with low prices, and as sales increased seem to have gone the higher prices, bigger discounts that they have always had on other kinds of units. They also moved away from basic models to more amenities and options, which also raises prices.

We are lucky in that we have never run across anything newer than our 07 C190P Roadtrek that we felt would suit us better. Ours is still in very good condition and has been tailored to how we use it so, hopefully it will last until we can't do travel anymore. The new pricing now would really make us pause, I think. We only paid $58K for our new 07 in the fall of 08 (on the lot a long time) so we got kind of spoiled.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:48 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Yeah big discounts seem to be the norm for Winnebago. We paid $89K for ours, and the MSRP on it was $123K, so roughly a 28% discount.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
Platinum Member

And if you think these campervans are getting expensive, have you shopped new trucks lately? A top of the line F150 is pushing $70K MSRP
Old 05-16-2020, 07:02 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I feel just like Booster. Reading his post above he has a 2007 RT Popular and I have the same year 210 Popular. We both bought them new and have never found anything that suits our purposes to a higher degree.

That's contentment! I am lucky and suspect our 210 will be with us for as long as we can point down a highway. Every time my wife and I look at new RVs at the shows, we just go home, figure we saved a bunch of dough, pat our RT on the hood and go out for a nice dinner.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:53 PM   #10
Platinum Member

I very much dislike price negotiation games so in consequence I don’t participate. For about last 25 years I explicitly requested ONE price upfront. With prior homework done I either accepted or not. Easier to do with new vehicles.

My last purchase, via Costco program, of a Sprinter passenger van (base for DIY) prices varied by about $100 from NW states dealers. Bulk of my work was preparing the specification for RFQ. Skipping on dealing game with RV dealer was one of driver to do our own conversion.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #11
Bronze Member

I’m with ya on the price increases. The Class B market is exploding in popularity. We bought our 2018 Travato for 79K and just purchased a 2020 1/2 model for 93k. The salesman took off 25% right off the bat, then we were able to negotiate a little more from that. The prices seem to be the same all over the country. It seems no matter who the manufacturer is, Class B’s are very popular for a great variety of reasons.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #12

Class B pricing have really gotten out of hand. I'm determined to buy used when it's time to upgrade and let someone else take that depreciation.

Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy my 1994 Coachmen Class B with just 35,000 original miles, in excellent condition, and running great for as long as she'll last. I paid $10K and couldn't be happier.

phuocsandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #13
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxel7851 View Post
I’m with ya on the price increases. The Class B market is exploding in popularity. We bought our 2018 Travato for 79K and just purchased a 2020 1/2 model for 93k. The salesman took off 25% right off the bat, then we were able to negotiate a little more from that. The prices seem to be the same all over the country. It seems no matter who the manufacturer is, Class B’s are very popular for a great variety of reasons.
Peteco

The higher the MSRP the bigger the % off discount is a general rule... Retail at $100K lucky to get 20% off, $150K and up you can get up to 30% off.

Example Revel's are MSRP $165K or so retail, and sales are running $115-120
rboegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #14
Platinum Member

phuocsandiego, that's a great looking Coachman! I love Bs from back in the 80s and 90s because they were relatively simple, dependable and the classic design and look always brings back great memories.

We owned a mid 80s Intervec Horizon for many years (bought new) and I almost bought an Intervec Falcon (big bro to the Horizon) about three years ago. It was a Dodge with low mileage on it but it had been sitting for so many years (covered storage in a barn as I recall) that I just decided to pass. It was just too big and time consuming a project for me.

The point is, though, that those great Bs back in the 80s and 90s and have real character.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:21 PM   #15

Thanks Doneworking! Even though she’s low miles, I had a mechanic do a thorough check and I had all fluids changed when I bought her a year ago. The exterior is in great shape for a 25 year vehicle and the interior is in mint condition, with only very slight fading due to UV but almost barely any wear. I’m really happy with my acquisition.
phuocsandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:45 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

The standard for Winnebago class B's is 28-31% off of window sticker. And that includes the lithium models. This is country wide so if you are quoted any less, walk. There's more out there to buy. This is for current model year. (That's not including taxes, title etc.)

Some other brands, especially the Thor models are a bit higher discount if pursued. On the Thors, you can count on much higher depreciation too
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:15 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Not sure about other brands but the vans Roadtrek is currently producing are similar to 2018 and 2019 models. No new R&D or technology. Makes additional sense to buy used and avoid initial depreciation and break-in headaches.
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:08 AM   #18

My 1st post because I'm in the market for a Class B so mostly lurking. Hello all.

Been in touch with 3 dealers who tell me they can't get em because of the Covid thing. Amazon & other home delivery companies are buying Mercedes, Ram & Transport chassis in bulk to keep up with demand.

I've been at dealers here in SoCal that are getting bombed with lookers & shoppers,ostensibly because folks are not flying, going to resorts, etc, so I'm holding off for a while, learning a bunch of stuff here & seeing how things work themselves out.
SJFerrell57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:26 AM   #19
Silver Member

Love the older class Bs. Mine is a 1998 Roadtrek 190 bought in 2011 for $20,000 with 95,000 miles. Excellent shape inside and out. The newer models have a lot of bells and whistles that add comfort and enjoyment at a cost of a higher price and more headaches. At least that seems to be the case from reading this forum for number of years. PhuocSanDiego you have a classic beauty with that 74' so hang on to it.

Mine had 2 previous owners that took great care of the rig. No kids or pets. See photo.
~~Bob
Bobow is offline   Reply With Quote