Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2015, 01:58 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Problems Finding Brakes

I have a 1994 Dodge Ram 350 class B made by leisure Travel and recently brakes were starting to pulsate the pedal. My mechanic is having a very hard time finding front and rear break parts for it. Apparently they were changed out from stock by Leisure travel during the build to something a bit beefyer is what we figure and now can't find the correct replacement parts.
Was wonding if anyone else had any of those problems???
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:01 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
I have a 1994 Dodge Ram 350 class B made by leisure Travel and recently brakes were starting to pulsate the pedal. My mechanic is having a very hard time finding front and rear break parts for it. Apparently they were changed out from stock by Leisure travel during the build to something a bit beefyer is what we figure and now can't find the correct replacement parts.
Was wonding if anyone else had any of those problems???
I would think a call to Leisure would be the first place to start. If they did change the parts, I would guess it would be calipers and rotors with pads. I can't imagine them getting special spindles and such.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:31 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Read your data plate to determine which axle's you have and work from there. The front are most likely Bendix style brakes. There are rotors for 3600#, 3800# and 4000# axles. Drums are likely 12" x 2.5" or 12" x 3" which are also rated for axle weight up to somewhere around 6200#.

Go online and look at parts and compare dimensions. We had a bit of trouble finding mine (92 pleasureway on a b350 chassis) but nothing that could not be found online.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Thanks guys I'll check that. Good info!
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote