Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2021, 07:56 PM   #1

Default Propane Gauge

We have a 2018 Pleasure Way Lexor TS and our problem is the Propane Gauge. I have reviewed many posts regarding the gauge not working, but none are like our problem. Our gauge shows the correct percentage of propane in our tank until the Spyder panel shows 74% - 76%. It then appears to be stuck, it will remain in this range until we run out of propane and refill the tank. At which point it will read 98%. We have been on two major road trips so if something was stuck it should have broken free.
We have no other problem with our propane configuration. any guidance would be appreciated.
If anyone has replaced there gauge could you provides, just for interest
Thanks

We currently fill the tank every 5 days just so that we don't run out.
RMLetstryrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:34 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Do you have an LPG level dial indicator on the tank level sender?
Attached Images
File Type: png ssg.png (298.9 KB, 27 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:24 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMLetstryrving View Post
We have a 2018 Pleasure Way Lexor TS and our problem is the Propane Gauge. I have reviewed many posts regarding the gauge not working, but none are like our problem. Our gauge shows the correct percentage of propane in our tank until the Spyder panel shows 74% - 76%. It then appears to be stuck, it will remain in this range until we run out of propane and refill the tank. At which point it will read 98%. We have been on two major road trips so if something was stuck it should have broken free.
We have no other problem with our propane configuration. any guidance would be appreciated.
If anyone has replaced there gauge could you provides, just for interest
Thanks

We currently fill the tank every 5 days just so that we don't run out.
I have a 2016 PW Lexor TS. My gauge was/is all over the place. To get an accurate reading, van would have to be level and ambient temp be around 70 degrees.

I saw on the Travato forum on Facebook. Someone installed the Mopeka bluetooth gauge. These were not designed for the horizontal tanks but work.

They are inexpensive like $35.00 on Amazon. Just fill your tank to full.
Make sure van is level. Install as close to center of tank on bottom as possible. Parallel to tank bottom. I used zip ties for additional security but have heard the magnets are adequate. Incidentally, it uses a small battery which requires annual replacement. The app has a battery level indicator.

You must calibrate the blue tooth setting using the app(download from Mopeka). I believe tank dimension is 20 cm.? It should indicate full since you just filled the tank. If you use 25cm for the dimension setting, the app will indicate 80 percent full.

I have had only a few months. So far so good. I use it as a back up reading to the installed gauge(OEM).

Lots of PW Facebook owners complain about their propane gauge.
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:50 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Our WinnieVan has an outside gauge at the tank and a digital inside gauge. The inside gauge will read half full when the outside gauge reads full, and empty when the outside gauge gets to half. And when the outside gets to half, I'm really closer to 3/4. Took me a while to learn to wait to refill until the outside gauge was below empty... a couple of trips to the propane dealer where it wouldn't even take a gallon of propane taught me.