Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2022, 02:10 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default propane leak

Good morning

We discovered a propane leak while preparing for a seven day trip to northern Florida.

I’m going to try to attach a photo, but the area is very tight, I can just get a finger onto the leak. So my main question is how does somebody get to this, to repair it? I saw a photo of a person who had removed their bumper to access the propane tanks and pipes. This is a leak at a joint I think. However the pipe may be cracked, and as you can see in the photo there’s corrosion so we will change out all of the piping in that area.

Anyway, what I’m looking for is advice on how to access the regulator area on my 2008 Chevy Roadtrek 210 popular.This photo is taken looking up, while laying under the vehicle. Second Q, is where to get the, Regulator proper piping ,fittings etc? Third Q, What all would you change out ,everything (Reg. pi[pes,fitting ect ?

Thanks for any help.

Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg more pipes more 2.jpg (93.5 KB, 41 views)
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 11:57 PM   #2
Platinum Member

See my post in this thread, may be of some help..
https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...ose-13620.html

I bought the low pressure single stage regulator (Mr Heater F273767) and 2 stage horizontal regulator (Camco 59323) Wal-Mart online , hoses and any replaced fittings at my local propane supply house. I'm assuming your 2008 is set up similar to our 2010 but you should verify, especially on the regulator fitting sizes. I removed the plastic dust shielding or whatever that is from around the regulators in order to get to the bolts attaching the manifold plate to the tank. Neither the tank nor the bumper/hitch needed removal to do the repairs.
TX-Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:31 PM   #3
Silver Member

I am thinking about getting rid of propane altogether. I am always plugged in and don't like the 3 way fridge and use an electric heater fan at times.
tarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

That's a possibility. But, we boondock too much to do that without solar. probably easier to fix the leak then go without.
thanks
m
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote