Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2021, 01:11 AM   #1

Default Propane regulator question

Decided to see how the Alde heater works on our (new to us) 2018 R/T CS Adventurous. Alde works on electric, but errored "Gas Failure" when switched to gas.
Made sure propane valve was open and gauge shows 2/3rd full. Tried again thinking air in line needed to purge. 15+ tries, kept erroring "Gas Failure".

Figured I should try the stove, it did not work either. BTW there was no sound or smell of Propane when I was trying to lite the stove.

After some research, Road-Trek "How To's". I closed the propane tank valve for about an hour, then opened it slowly to reset the "Slam Shut Valve". Still no propane at stove. I ASSUME... I should hear and smell propane when trying to lite stove?
Did a search here... Found reference to propane regulators failing, but usually in different ways.
Does the above sound like a regulator problem or something else?

Bill.
sc68z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:48 AM   #2

Maybe the gauge is wrong and the tank really is empty. The monitor in my 2015 RT CSAdvXL does not match the dial gauge on the tank, so I’m suspicious of all of it! However, if you’re sure there is propane in the tank, then I would suspect something else like the regulator or valve.
ranczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:23 AM   #3
Gold Member

Default This might help

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/...n-a-gas-grill/
CaDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:13 AM   #4

Definitely have propane in the tank and I tried burping it several times.
After cracking loose the lines at the regulator, I had pressure in, but nothing coming out.

Removed regulator, cleaned excess sealant out of threads and a few small particles I could see inside the regulator.
Installed a nipple for test with 50 psi compressed air, it began to flow air out.
Reassembled everything, checked for leaks, then tried the stove. Works perfectly.

Tried the Alde heater, on gas, and it works too.

So either trash inside, or a sticky valve that just needed a little banging around.

Thinking I will order a new regulator and just have it handy.

Bill.
sc68z28 is offline   Reply With Quote